Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Smoking friendly hotels in amsterdam
Posted: 2005-12-17, 3:11 am

hemikiwi
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have stayed at amstel botel and smoked freely. However, do you know of any other hotels that smoking is allowed or at least tolerated? I prefer a comfortable place, no dives please.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Re: Smoking friendly hotels in amsterdam
Posted: 2005-12-17, 8:43 am

joseph215
i have smoked in the radasson sas on rusland no problem good location.i have also smoke in the barbazon palace no problem.smoked at he kras no problem also a excellent hotel i was going to stay at the crowne plaza jan12-117 or the sofital but went back to my old favorite the kras.

lew
Posted: 2005-12-17, 8:52 am

ALMRKOOL
swissotel is great get a suite windows open all the way out and you can people watch as your getting stoned.
Posted: 2005-12-17, 1:53 pm

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hotel Abba and The Hemp Hotel are 2 that I know of that are smoker friendly. Peace.
Posted: 2005-12-17, 2:37 pm

kermabun
Have stayed in Greenhouse Effect, sipermann, continental and old nickel and smoked myself delirious with no problems. Possibly the old quarter too - but can't remember much about that place...
Posted: 2005-12-17, 6:03 pm

Rainer
Every hotel is smoke-friendly, if you remember to open your window

Posted: 2005-12-18, 12:23 am

hemikiwi
Thanks!

I suppose its all a matter of being sensible and opening windows!!

Cheers
Posted: 2005-12-20, 1:13 am

curiious
Almost every hotel room is smoking-friendly. If you reserve a smoking room you should have no problems and if you have a non-smoking room open a window. Maybe you should open the window either way. I know someone who had just arrived and their hotel told them 'smoking is not allowed' and he said 'than cancel my reservation because I'm not staying here so I can NOT smoke.' They were a little shocked but they refunded his entire hotel expense and he moved to a more central hotel, the Radisson, which only had a nonsmoking room left but told him it was fine by them to smoke in there anyway and then they rolled an electric air purifier down the hallway and plugged it in next to his hotel room door. Radisson is a little pricey but there's probably only one hotel in all of AMS that's NON-SMOKING and probably even they have changed their policy by now.

Classier places would probably appreciate it if you didn't stroll through the lobby blazing. But in your room...no problem.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: