Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
US to London to Amsterdam Question
Posted: 2005-12-19, 4:22 pm

block
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have read a few posts that mentioned taking a flight from the US to London and then another flight into Schipol.I would consider doing this if I could save a few dollars on airfare but I am not sure about which airport in London I should use and also what are some of the discount airlines from London to Schipol? Aside from having to change planes a couple extra times are there any other disadvantages in going this route?

Miles Davis
Re: US to London to Amsterdam Question
Posted: 2005-12-19, 4:28 pm

madeyes
surely the best way to save money would be just to fly from London to Amsterdam;-)

Easyjet fly from Gatwick, Luton and Stansted to Amsterdam. You may be ablt to fly from home to one of those rather than Heathrow. Best of luck.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/index.asp

link for easyjet.

Posted: 2005-12-20, 3:35 am

Frans Hals
No, I don't think this would save you money. Better to take a direct flight to Amsterdam from the states. Go to one or two of the airline sites, like AA.com or Airgorilla.com and see what you come up with. Prices will depend more on what airport you depart from in the US. In late January you can go from Newark NJ to AMS for about $440 midweek including taxes.
Posted: 2005-12-20, 1:14 pm

kendo
Its possible, buty unlikely yo be cheaper . Most UK / LOndon budget airlines fly form Stanstead or Luton - both of which will cost you £20 retuen into LOndon, then you will have to get form eitjher Heathrow or Gatwick when you arrive- another £20 retuen - so before you have even booked a flight, you will be spending an extra £40 just on inter-airport transfetrs alone.

fly direct.
Posted: 2005-12-20, 1:31 pm

Dam_Hiflyer
I'm assuming that you will be flying from TX. Take BA from any major Hub i.e Dallas FW to AMS via LHR (heathrow) or GWK(gatwick) airports. Good service and entertainment just make sure you don't do airport transfer. www.ba.com ,,,good luck :)
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: