Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
New Years Eve, Dam Square, Photo by 420
Posted: 2005-12-22, 3:49 pm

axxxtw Founder
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Credit to 420 for this interesting shot of (last?) New Years Eve on Dam Square.

inline image

If you have photos of your own to post here, you're certainly welcome. All you need is to load them onto a server. We suggest you open a free account at Flickr, then grab the URL thats provided when viewing the photo at medium size and using the appropriate code here on the message board to share those photos. It's really simple code, you can refer to our help page for it. Be sure to clear the tick in the box that says "disable BBcode in this post" which displays just under the bit where you write your message. That's all there is to it!

greetz

Posted: 2005-12-22, 5:35 pm

Wim Admin
Definitely last year, 420 had a top-room in the Kras and we could enjoy the scene .... : 420, Withnail, Trip, The Admiral, a friend of his and me ......
Re: New Years Eve, Dam Square, Photo by 420
Posted: 2005-12-23, 12:27 am

peter craig
thats a great pic!

Last edited by peter craig on 2005-12-30, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2005-12-23, 4:43 am

StarrDluX
ohmigosh... i'm not sure we knew exactly what we were getting into.... !!!

Posted: 2005-12-29, 2:51 am

420 Power Kat
Thanks for posting the pic from my 5th floor balcony overlooking Dam Square last NYE. If any of you venture into the Dam for this event you will surely look up at the Kras and think to yourself,, man,, that must me a great place to party. Just the year before we were crunched into the square ( Fallen Buddha, Withnail, Trip, and myself) as firworks exploded around our heads as we toasted in the New Year,, smoking some fine Stella Blue, and sipping some Champagne.

I made a promise that I would book that view for the following year and enjoy the party in the comfort of the Kras. (Booked it in March) It was a memorable weekend, starting in Amsterdam, meeting up with Admiral, Rear Admiral and Wim to venture down to PHG. I talked TA into extending his trip one extra evening in Grefrath,,not to hard to do after he spent 4 hrs in a room with one girl. We enjoyed another day at PHG, then all of us headed back to Amsterdam just to bring in the New Year at the Kras.

I enticed Withnail into flying over from London to spend the evening,,, Wim joined us later in the day , Trip arrived in the late afternoon, and we all had one hell of a good time in the comfort of the the Kras. Nothing like ordering room service for a 12 pack of beer, going down to the bar to restock, smoking, toasting, and enjoying the awesom view overlooking the Dam.

Most likely will never pay that kind of money again but the memories are priceless! Thanks to Axxxtw for posting the pictures,, absolutely one of the best New Years of my life!

I ended up taking the ICE back to Frankfurt the very next morning, tripping over bodies at Central Station, avoiding the soggy, red ,firework garbage, and sitting in 1st class to avoid the the groups of reveler's heading back south.

Thanks to all,, good luck in '06,

Posted: 2005-12-29, 3:34 am

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey 420, are those rooms facing the Dam Square the junior suites?

Mojo
Posted: 2005-12-30, 2:39 am

420 Power Kat
Mojo,

I had originally booked a Junior Suite and sent a request to the Kras to try and reserve one on the highest floors overlooking the Dam. Thank goodness I stopped in a couple of months before during one of my many trips to Amsterdam back in '04. They had me booked in a Junior Suite in the Royal Wing instead of the rooms overlooking the square. I had stayed at the Kras many times and asked to speak with one of their senior Concierges (Robert). He immediately rebooked my reservation to one of the 5th floor suites overlooking the Dam,,, no extra charge. The room charge was $305 Euro's plus tax,, and a few extra bar fees that ended up totaling $450 USD. Add in the two ICE tickets back and forth from Krefeld and Frankfurt and it was a tad expensive!

Sorry abou the "Big Easy", may have to collect some beads in Amsterdam for this year's Marti Gras.

Happy New Year !

Posted: 2005-12-30, 5:23 am

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks 420, If I ever get that kind of money I would love to stay in one of those suites. It has to be the best view in Amsterdam.

Mardi Gras is going to happen this year, although shortened to eight days. There is much buzz about Jazzfest last weekend of April and first weekend of May. Names such as Rolling Stones, Elton John, and Simon and Garfunkel are rumored to be coming. New Orleans is a mess but the French Quarter and most of the tourist areas are intact so come on down.

Mojo
Posted: 2005-12-30, 8:11 am

JaimeSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey

Just looking for a bit of info. I actually was asked if I wanted to fly into A'dam a day early, which puts me there on NY 's Eve. Uh..............................Yeah, I ll do that.

Anyway, the only hotel is out by the airport. How late do trains run out to Schipol so I can get there and get a little bit of sleep? I m staying in town from the 1-5th.

J
Posted: 2006-01-01, 7:54 am

SxyTexan
Great Pic....
Just Love Amsterdam....
Sxy Texan... :)
Posted: 2006-01-01, 2:56 pm

StarrDluX
honestly $305 is a great rate... we are back on the Royal Wing but only by request.... i do not like the old part of the hotel at all. the design is stifling and makes me feel like i am at grandma's house. we had another room here and had to be moved on the first night because it was so terrible!!

anyway.... the square was AMAZING last night. we drank, smoke, danced, and partied right on into 2006. the firecrackers/fireworks were NUTS. this lady behind us had her hair get caught on fire after someone chucked one into the crowd!! overall i found a general sense of peace, warmth, and happiness.... is that gazellig (sp)?

we were able to get a short video from one of our cameras. when i get home i will post it as well as our several hundred photos.

welp i am off to find a yummy apple pancake or some soup and tosti.... happy new year ya'll!!

Posted: 2006-01-01, 7:20 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
What does your frind think of Ams during her first visit?
Would you return during New Years or another time of the year?
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: