Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Booked Up
Posted: 2006-01-12, 3:20 pm

thebox
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Couldnt fight it anymore,
Just booked flights and accomadation, €88 return for flights 28-30th Jan. i'd never been up until august. this'll be my 3rd time since. cant wait to blaze one up and down some philo stones. only one negative point - we generally like to stay at flying pig palace up by vondel park. only this time we wanted to be right in the heart of all the mayhem that is the RLD. pig downtown was booked up so my mates only gone and booked the bulldog hotel - i know, i know, all bulldogs should be avoided like the plague or so i'm told but all we really want is a place to lay our heads for a couple of hours a day. is it really as bad as its rep? I hear they have a really late bar for guests which is always a good thing after pubs and clubs close. any info on the hotel(not coffee shops) greatly appreciated. ie crash out area where one can smoke til their hearts content any time of day or night? nothin worse that being told you cant smoke a spliff when in the land of the free. 16 daze and counting. only booked couple of hours ago and already time seems to have slowed down!

Cheers
Re: Booked Up
Posted: 2006-01-12, 4:50 pm

uberchef
Mate, if a return trip only cost me 88 quid, I'd be weekending in Amsterdam as if there was no tomorrow!

As for your hotel query, well, unfortunately I've only heard negative reviews about any and everything associated with the Bulldog's establishments, hotels/coffeeshops/bars and otherwise. If you want to be in the heart of the RLD action and stay at a friendly and comfortable establishment with a late night bar, why not try the Greenhouse Effect on Warmoestraat, if it's not too late.

Cheers and have a groovy triiiiiiiiip!
~Uber.

Posted: 2006-01-12, 11:52 pm

lordedmundo
The Bulldog is great. It's new and modern inside, very secure with keycard entry to your room and staff at reception 24hours. The bar is open very late and has internet and DVD's on the TV (if you want). The only negatives are the lack of views from the rooms (well the ones I have stayed in anyway) and the breakfast that is very bland. Being a hostel (albeit a luxury one) the clientele are young, and the amosphere always seems good. You are located approximately 30secs from the edge of the rld - what could be more convenient

The only reason it gets negative press is the commercial nature of the place - given that you have several other Bulldog bar and coffee shops. They do lack the atmosphere and character of the more unique establishments in the 'dam - but there are actually worse coffee shops in town.
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: