Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
shroom feast
Posted: 2006-01-30, 5:42 am

tryinitout
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Planning a trip for this coming weekend, the 3rd-5th and looking to trip on shrooms most of the time. I've tried Mexicans, Hawaiians, and Ecquadorians, but was looking for something just a bit stronger. Any ideas on the best ones for heavy visual effects for extended period of time? So far the best, the Hawaiians, had me having a conversation with a pastry in a bake shop. Looking to go beyond that, but not shatter reality.

Also, bud seems to heighten the trip, but is a particular bud better for enhancing one's visual experience?
Re: shroom feast
Posted: 2006-01-30, 6:28 am

420 Power Kat
Try the Grey Mist Crystal at the Grey Area for a real good head buzz! Have I ever steered you wrong? Or,, check out the Hawaiian Snow from the Greenhouse Centrum. Philosphers Stones are some of the best shrooms in the Dam. Spend the day at the Van Gogh,, watch the paint move, the Crows fly, and the Skeletons smile!

Have fun!

Posted: 2006-01-30, 1:28 pm

Hnc69
I ate a full box of fresh mushrooms once. I don't remember the name, but it was either Thai or Mexican. In strength, t was rated as number two out of the four that was available. It totally fucked me up for eight hours.

Starting out with a lot of laughing, and then some strange colors. After that, I was way beyond. I was sitting in my hotellroom the whole time, and I had troubles even going from the bed to the bathroom, cause the only thing I ever saw when looking around was either a café in France or itseemed like I was sitting in the passangerseat of a car, looking out of the window.

While it was amazing, it scared the shit out of me. Nowadays I only take 2-4 mushrooms at once, rather than consuming the full box.

Posted: 2006-01-30, 3:12 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
For the most part, psilocybin is psilocybin. Where is comes from is not that important in a trip, other than the fact that some shrooms contain a higher dose to begin with, Psilocybe cyanescens, for example, has one of the highest levels of psilocybin, but when you find it sold in a smart shop, they always sell you fewer grams so that the dose level is about the same as you would get from a different species.

Some people swear that the origin of a mushroom - whether it is Asian or Hawaiian or Mexican - makes a difference in the trip. And I have to admit that the first time I did mushrooms (which happened to be picked in south Texas) I felt that I suddenly had an understanding of Aztec art and when I took a high dose of some Asians I saw myself in a silk kimono standing by a pool in an ornate and meticulously cared for garden. But in general I find this aspect to be overrated.

One piece of advice for you though - Don't expect to trip day after day. Your body builds up a tolerance _very_ quickly. If you trip one day it will take you close to double the amount of shrooms to reach the same level the next day. Leave at least three days between trips, prefereably a week.

One aspect of mushrooms that I always enjoy is that women appear incredibly beautiful to me. I even find something attractive in women who would not normally catch my attention - her eyes or her hands for example. It's probably the mushroom equivalent of beer goggles, but I like women so much that this is a real treat for me.

Have fun!

the dogs
Posted: 2006-01-30, 11:01 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Keep barking that truth Dogs.
I intend to make tea this trip.
Posted: 2006-01-31, 10:43 pm

tryinitout
I'll check into those philospher stones. I was thinking of tripping both days and knew my tolerance would be high on the second day. Now I just need to find these locations 420 laid out.

Oh yeah, and has anyone had success bringing back "spore prints" stateside? Would like to see if I can cultivate here instead.

Lastly, why the hell do a lot of hotels not allow checkouts on Sunday???
Posted: 2006-02-01, 3:37 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
No need to bring spore prints with you. You can legally order them online unless you live in California or Georgia.

There is no psilocybin in the spores, so there is nothing illegal about them (until you start them growing).

Spore prints are often contaminated with airborne fungi and molds unless handled very carefully. Because of the contamination it is best if you isolate a clean culture using agar plates. Get a copy of "The Mushroom Cultivator" by Stamets and Chilton. The book is available from Fungi Perfecti (Stamets's company - www.fungiperfecti.com). Do not tell the people at FP that you intend to grow psilocybin mushrooms. "The Mushroom Cultivator" is a very serious mushroom grower's book and has everything that you will need to know about growing psilocybes. There is probably no one in the world who knows more about psilocybes than Stamets.

If all you want to do is grow a few mushrooms for your own consumption, then you can order spore syringes online. Spore syringes are less likely to get contaminated than the prints. The standard growing method for syringes is called the "PF tek". Search for that and you will find oodles of information. PF tek is almost foolproof, but the yields are low. There is no reason, though, that you can't inoculate agar plates with a syringe. Starting with agar cultures is more time consuming, takes more work at the beginning, and requires more equipment, but the result is an exponential growth of your stock and your yields will be many times greater.

Have fun!

the dogs
Posted: 2006-02-01, 4:08 pm

tryinitout
This is exactly what I wanted to know, THANKS!! Wouldn't you know that I live in one of the two states you can not order them. Thus the reason I asked about the prints. So I shouldn't bother with bringing any prints back from AMS then? I'll look into that website. I appreciate it and thanks again!
Posted: 2006-02-02, 11:21 am

vicgoo
Does anyone know if the smartshop at the end of the street down from Sexyland is still there?I remember one right after you past the last window girls.

Also has anyone have experience driving while shrooming?I,ve done it only once and they were poor quality picked from a field. I may have a concern if i can get the trips like those reported here since i,ll be staying at the West side of town a ways from the RLD

Posted: 2006-02-02, 2:34 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
The smartshop is still there and I have had good shrooms from there. As for driving on them, not unless you really have to.

Posted: 2006-02-02, 4:56 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Driving while shrooming is an extremely bad idea. I have attempted it once and had to stop and let someone else drive.

There are lots of problems
1) Hallucinations - Imagine that! You can see things differently than they really are and make a, uhhhh, poor driving decision.
2) It's easy to get engrossed in something other than driving.
3) You would rather be doing something other than driving. Bums the trip and, again, makes it easy to pay attention to something other than driving.

What it boils down to is this: If you do drugs (including alcohol) you are taking a risk. If all you endanger is yourself, then it is your own decision. When what you do starts to endanger others, then there is a problem. Driving while under the influence of a mind altering drug definitely endangers others and you have no right to do so.

It is hard to fathom the amount of kinetic energy stored in a vehicle as it moves down the road and the faster you go, the worse it gets - exponentially. Kinetic energy is mass times velocity squared. Human bodies do not stand up well to such forces. You can easily be killed. Or worse, you could kill others and live with it the rest of your life.

Find a designated driver dude.
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: