Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Top Doner
Posted: 2006-01-31, 8:34 pm

uberchef
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetz Ignatzmeese,

I've done some preliminary searches online for top-rated doner kepab spots in Amsterdam and the results have not been entirely conclusive....although I did find a Turkish website that mentioned a place in Groningen winning a top-doner contest, they didn't list runners-up in Amsterdam.

For my upcoming visit, I'd like to seek out the best spot in town for an inexpensive yet delicious doner, and although there was a semi-recent post concerning best Schwarma...well, I decided to start a new one. The best lead I currently have to work with concerns this spot, in West Amsterdam, not far from where I'll be staying this time around, so I'll likely give it a try!

~Iskender Restaurant (De Clercqstraat 70)

Please share the knowledge with a fellow chowhound if you've had some good Doner kebab in Amsterdam recently...!

Dank u wel,
~uberchef
Re: Top Doner
Posted: 2006-02-01, 12:04 am

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Theres a good kebab shop on Lange Niezel just down from the smoking bull bar on the other side of the road. Besta Kebabas in Amsterdam, well so the owner shouts every time me an my mates walk by his kebab emporium. The one right across from De kuil is ok as well, if yer pissed an stoned and chokin for a kebab.

Last edited by stuarty1873 on 2006-02-02, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2006-02-01, 12:08 am

uberchef
Thanks much Stu, your reply is duly appreciated. I'm on a mission here y'know.

I bet the lot of these Ignatzmice are likely 5 pints and a few spliffs deep when they rip in to a kebab so I can't be expecting many of 'em to know exactly where they were when they ate it!

Cheers,
~uber
Posted: 2006-02-01, 7:51 pm

davide
And while we're on the subject (ethnic food), has anybody ever heard of a jewish restaurant called 'MASADA'? I had lunch there once back in '98, but I have really no idea where it can be....blame it on that Red Lebanon hash they used to sell @ Tweede Kamer back then...........

D.
Posted: 2006-02-01, 11:11 pm

donk11
Has anyone found a donair/kebap place that has rice instead of vlaamse frites? I can only take so much grease in the fast food.

I can feel my arteries thickening....
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: