Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Read all about it! ~Ignatz News Archives~
Posted: 2006-02-08, 12:18 am

uberchef
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetz all,

When you click on to Ignatzmice.com, I know it's easy to head straight towards the message board, where the timely scoop can be found on all things Amsterdam (okay, and other cities as well!).

Of late though, I've been spending a little more time on the main page, where several extremely relevant, well-written and humourous articles have begun to appear 'periodically'. I'd encourage the members of this community to click through via the main page and skim the NEWS ARCHIVE, where you'll find timely articles from Amsterdam delivered fresh off the Ignatz presses! Get 'em whilst they're hot.

I must say axxxtw and gang, well done on all counts, especially your personal account regarding the shooting that took place last week in the shopping district. As one who was amidst the manic fleeing masses on 9/11 here in NYC, your story plucked a chord with me.

Cheers and keep up the good work--
~uber.
Re: Read all about it! ~Ignatz News Archives~
Posted: 2006-02-08, 12:23 am

a3xtw Moderator
The shooting certainly did make for an interesting afternoon out - and i never did get that rockwoorst broodje from hema...
Posted: 2006-02-08, 12:37 am

uberchef
Unfortunately, along the lines of shootings...I happened to see the following photograph, dated from February 3rd, entitled 'murdered man on the stairs' on the www.schijper.com website:

http://www.schlijper.nl/archive/2006/02/03.html

Not familiar with the location though, Baarsjesweg.

Despite recent events of this nature, I've not experience Amsterdam as an outwardly violent city.

PEACE~
~uber.
Posted: 2006-02-08, 12:58 am

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I agree, a great job on the new(s) addition. News with a sense of humor. I'll have to be careful knowing now, that poor grammar ( < spelled correctly this time) could get you shot at. :0) Your place is looking good, Axxxtw and Gang..........................Cooter

Posted: 2006-02-08, 1:33 am

axxxtw Founder
We'd planned to do this for a long time, and yay, we finally got around to creating a little programme to allow any of us here to periodically publish items of interest directly to the front page, from anywhere.

We were aware that the entry page was static---we wanted to do something about that as nearly half of our daily visitors enter via the main page---even many regulars.

We've been receiving press releases, announcements, have a whole network of sources, and even witnessed countless things, for years...if it's of interest it'll turn up there.

Its still in a trial run, obviously, and our initial entrees were more or less just to get a few things in. We do not intend to translate the news into English---we'll leave that to Expatica. But if we do read something, and it reeks of official propaganda---a frequent occurrence---and we know otherwise (we often do), you'll certainly read about it. Take the Police Campaign on Trafficking, for example, and the way it was droned on about by the official press---pure bollocks. We're not done with that, yet, btw :-)

Anyone else in town, who'd care to contribute, is welcome.

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: