Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
boating
Posted: 2006-06-25, 1:42 pm

filibuster
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
A number of years ago it was possible to rent your own boat and direct it along the canals as you saw fit. I can recall two different boat rental companies throughout my years. It seems these are now out of business. I know about the "Love" boats and other group touring boats; but are there any rental operators who rent small boats for saling the canals? I'm looking for a boat that would be large enough for me and my two friends. Something simple... and not too fancy!

Posted: 2006-06-26, 1:09 pm

withnail Power Kat
i believe the answer is no, you cannot any longer hire your own small boat for a canal cruise. too many stoners crashed the boats, or so im told. the closest thing is probably to hire a boat with its own skipper to take you and your buddys around. i did it two weeks ago with a group of about 15 and it cost us around 75 euro per hour.

doog!

withnail
Re: boating
Posted: 2006-06-28, 8:25 pm

markcheech
I also have tried to find one to take, but could not. I agree with withnail you will probly not find one.

I have used and can reccomend this one http://home.hetnet.nl/~f2hj.heilijgers/indexen.htm the link is on the left hand side of this site. It's a little more then the one withnail took, 250 for 2 hours, up to 20 people I think. The captin was cool and had no problems with smoking, eating and drinking on board. We even stopped to pick up some bud since we ran out.

good luck!
Posted: 2006-06-29, 6:12 am

PARAQUAT
Dear Withnail,

My wife and I will make our regular September trip soon but we have yet to take a cruise through the canals. Do you have any suggestions for skippered boats that will let you smoke.

Many Thanks,
Paraquat
Posted: 2006-06-29, 10:43 am

Luther Head
Paraquat,

This may be a bit too pricey for some (it was for me) but I'll pass it on anyway, in case someone is in the mood to splurge.

These two boats are moored outside my window on Prinsengracht, about 150 meters north of the Anne Frank House on the same side of the canal. I checked with him last autumn about taking a group and asked about weed smoking and he said that would not be a problem. I also gpt the impression that you might be able to negotiate the price down some, especially if it's just you and your wife. The guy who owns the boat will be your captain also.

http://www.myla.nl/ondine_e.html

Good luck.

L.
Posted: 2006-06-29, 11:37 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
i usually take a trip with meyers or lovers boats, just to chill out. last time, the capt was steaming drunk, and we hit nearly every single bridge. !!!!, and he had the audacity to hold out a cup for tips at the end.. i found it bloody hilarious.

Posted: 2006-06-30, 11:23 am

withnail Power Kat
paraquat - you have pm.

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-01, 6:32 pm

PARAQUAT
Luther and Withnail,

Thanks for your info you guy's are the best.

Peace,
Paraquat
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: