Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 20 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Keep us amused
Posted: 2006-07-02, 12:43 pm

jimmyb323
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all,

5 of us are going the dam in August just wondering if anyone could give us some advice on good coffee shops where we can smoke some weed with lots of stuff to keep us amused. Things like pool tables arcades pinball and I no this is a long shot but there wouldn’t be a place that has a table tennis table.

Cheers

Jay
Re: Keep us amused
Posted: 2006-07-02, 4:25 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
you want to play pool/pinball etc in amsterdam ?????????? lol. try the girls, they are much more fun .. have fun anyway

Posted: 2006-07-02, 4:34 pm

jimmyb323
Don't get me wrong, we will be bangin some hopefully , top totti, but throughtout the day as well as drinking it would be good to go somewhere like a sports bar or something.
Posted: 2006-07-02, 6:34 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
believe there is a sports bar at the far end of oz, down from the old sailor, but not too sure. ask the locals, they are all friendly

Posted: 2006-07-02, 9:01 pm

soylent Power Kat
Pool tables can be had upstairs at La Canna. They also have a big screen TV downstairs. I wouldn't recommend their gear though. There was a thread a few months back regarding pinball machines in coffeeshops so I would try doing a search in the forum.

Cheers,
Soy
Posted: 2006-07-02, 10:21 pm

freakpa
Rookies has a pooltable. It's a pretty cool place actually. In leidseplein area.
Posted: 2006-07-03, 3:33 am

PARAQUAT
De Kuil also known as 420 cafe has a pool table in back and excellent gear. They also have a bar. Have fun.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2006-07-03, 7:46 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Mellow Yellow has a pool table, table football, video game machine, pinball, a coin-op jukebox, board and card games, volcano vaporizer, tv, internet access and most importantly...some terrific weed. ;) Try thier Enemy of the State Haze, Super Silver Haze or Blueberry. They are also the first coffeeshop to have coffee-to-go. Peace.
Posted: 2006-07-03, 5:05 pm

dwj
Does De Kuil have a pool table again? It had been removed last time I was in town.

Dave
Posted: 2006-07-03, 5:13 pm

withnail Power Kat
I played some pool last night in the last waterhole on leidseplein where you will find three tables charging 1.50 a game. great fun when you have a jam session going on as last night including a guy playing fantastic hammond organ. in the same area you also have the hole in the wall irish pub where they have several tables plus tig barra at the bottom of the overtoom (though at present their table is being used to prop up the football screen until after the world cup).

dave - ill have a look as i pass de kuil over next couple of days if nobody knows.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-03, 5:13 pm

Luther Head
De Kuil is still without a pool table.
Posted: 2006-07-03, 5:51 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-07-04, 1:05 am

dwj
Was pretty sure the pool table at De Kuil was gone, it made room more seats which I suppose makes sense business wise. Mind you if I could have back all the Euros I've put in that table over the years I could afford another trip. It's still a great coffeeshop though, good beer at half the price of the Wallen establishments and the weed is top notch too though some of the locals will tell you it's a little on the dear side. They always seem to employ quite sexy girls to tend the bar too which is a nice bonus.

The truth is there definately seems to be less and less places with pool tables and table football each time I visit Amsterdam. Even when you do find a pool table they often tend to be in poor repair, the ones in La Canna spring to mind.

There's one other place that comes to mind with two fairly decent condition pool tables but the name escapes me. If you're standing outside Burger King on the edge of the Leidseplein and look down the street that leads to Rookies there's a big sign with the name of the shop which turns into an arrow pointing down the way. It's right underneath that and you go down into a basement coffeeshop. They all also have internet access as well, don't know what the weed's like but it is the first coffeeshop I ever bought weed from in Amsterdam back in 1998, it was White Widow and I only remember being very stoned.

Now then, what about a Dart Board? The Dutch love their darts, does anyone know of a coffeeshop with a dart board?

Dave
Posted: 2006-07-04, 6:41 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
"There's one other place that comes to mind with two fairly decent condition pool tables but the name escapes me. If you're standing outside Burger King on the edge of the Leidseplein and look down the street that leads to Rookies there's a big sign with the name of the shop which turns into an arrow pointing down the way. It's right underneath that and you go down into a basement coffeeshop."

This coffeeshop is called Get Down To It.
Posted: 2006-07-04, 5:53 pm

CalicoJack
I remember being transfixed by the webcam of Nes Cafe's pool table for hours after some particularly good weed they sold me in there. Lovely friendly bunch of chaps... and best of all, no "Brits on the piss" tossers.

Nes Cafe, NES (right off Dam Square).
Posted: 2006-07-04, 5:56 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-07-04, 8:09 pm

dwj
Nice one Smokley, cheers for the tip off.
Posted: 2006-07-04, 8:28 pm

gezellig
At the back of the basement of The Black Tiger on OZA you'll find yourself a couple of pool tables. A good place to leave mates if you need a cheeky little 'wander' too I think you'll find.

Anyway, these two sites should tell you what you need to know. On the first, just hover over the shop and it gives its details - including entertainments. The second gives a tidy little map which has seen me navigate Adam for a good few years. Enjoy.

http://www.amsterdamer.supanet.com/

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/
Posted: 2006-07-05, 6:45 pm

markcheech
When I was there in May I went to the blues brothers. there's a pool table on the 2nd floor.. the gear was not to bad either...
Posted: 2006-08-05, 9:43 pm

hill street blues, warmoestraat
cheap beer at certain hours, big pool table and nice canal seats
 [ 20 posts ] 

Jump to: