Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Withdrawal blues.....
Posted: 2006-07-06, 3:19 pm

block
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
It has been a full two months since my last visit.The "withdrawals" are really starting to nag at me and unfortunately it will probably be at least 2 years before I can return.I am not sure I can hold on that long......Oh well I can always sit in my garage have a beer and a smoke figure out a way to convince my wife that I must return sooner and of course hear her tell me "you just got back from over there" Does anyone else have such problems as these?

Miles Davis
Re: Withdrawal blues.....
Posted: 2006-07-06, 4:00 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
not me mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. im single thankfully
2.im only 1 hour away.

Posted: 2006-07-07, 12:11 am

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Welcome to the club. I have made up every excuse in the world. My latest 1 is a business convention which fortunately my father will be joining me and is on board with my plan. If I go longer than 4 months without a visit, I go through serious withdrawel. Its not about any 1 aspect of my visits, its the whole experience. My last visit was in March, hopefully my next 1 will be in August. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think about being there and the great times I've had.

Posted: 2006-07-07, 2:21 am

papawhiteheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Yep, I get withdrawls a couple months after returning. I usually stay away from this website (no offense guys, but it just makes it worse!) until I'm within a month or two of returning, then I'm on here pretty much everyday doing research and planning. This website is by far the best source for info on the subject. Tot Ziens!
Posted: 2006-07-07, 3:29 am

AustonSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Amazing place, isn’t it? I echo the comments of others.

To make matters worse, after each visit (I just got back from my 11th), it seems the withdrawal comes on quicker. At first, returning every year and a half was enough…then it was every year…later, maybe a couple times every year if I had business “nearby.”

Now, it seems planning twice a year might not be enough. I just pray my budget never catches up with my appetite.
Posted: 2006-07-07, 3:49 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Ditto.

Even twice a year isn't enough. I'm running out of fresh excuses to travel.

Posted: 2006-07-07, 6:04 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I'm fortunate in that my wife loves Amsterdam. We go together at least twice a year. The only thing that eases my withdrawal is to book my return. Once I have a plane ticket I feel much better.
Posted: 2006-07-08, 1:37 am

Nitrostar
The plane ticket itself isn't enough for me. My friend and I were over there earlier in the year for 2 nights (only 1 whole day - couldn't stay for long because it was a spur of the moment decision to go) and we're going again in October for our birthdays. The trip is all booked up but the waiting is a killer!
Posted: 2006-07-08, 2:38 am

vicgoo
I have enough withdrawals that i almost decided to just move there and get black work if necessaryu to survive.I had it all p[lanned out with a few people i know in AMS.What stopped it was the week before i was going to buy my ticket,my boss gave me a pay raise of just under double what i was making,so i,ll just stay with my few visits a year.

My withdrawals are more for the RLD ladies than coffeeshops and there,s not that much of a problem here -just the cost is way higher than in the Wallen.$200 min vs 50 Euro for a similiar window girl experience.Since i have a Holland sim card and now an extra phone i just keep my Holland phone on and occasionally use it and talk to the ladies that are willing to give me their numbers .A few at times call me since it cost them nothing.Some people actually think i live there if i call from my NL phone and a +31 nimber shows up on caller ID

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: