Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
2 questions
Posted: 2006-07-24, 6:57 pm

keith35
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'm arriving in Amsterdam 7/25. Since it will be very hot on Wednesday are the Kamers in the RLD air conditioned? I've been to the Dam 3 times in the summer but the weather has always been cool.
Also as an American I was wondering how it is so easy to tell that I'm an American(other than my New York accent).
1 more question. Has anyone seen Mon and her friend who is next to her on Stoof?

Thanks
Re: 2 questions
Posted: 2006-07-24, 7:09 pm

Diabolo
I was with Anna in the covered area last week : her kamer is air-conditioned. I assumed that other kamers in the covered area are air-conditioned, too.

About other kamers I visited ( Tromp., Dolleb. etc ), I did not pay attention.

Posted: 2006-07-24, 7:38 pm

Pengopen
Couldn't tell you about the Kamers but as a San Francisco native living in Rotterdam for the last six months its very easy for people to tell. But as long as you pronounce the words in Dutch correct I think you'll get away with it ;-)
Posted: 2006-07-24, 11:19 pm

wannachat
Mon was there 3 weeks ago looking as cute as ever.
Regards.

Posted: 2006-07-25, 9:49 am

withnail Power Kat
just leave the white trainers (sorry, sneakers) at home along with the golf visor and the entire ralph lauren college boy outfit and you should be fine. oh and avoid any sentence you are tempted to start with 'back in the states .....' in my experience these are the tell tale signs. the accent could be trickier to disguise.

joking apart, if youre a decent person nobody cares where youre from. that said, perhaps avoid the libanees restaurant in de pijp, not sure theyed want you guys there for dinner just now...

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-07-25, 4:40 pm

keith35
So I guess it's the sneakers and baseball hat that says I'm an American. It's not that I want to hide that fact, I'm proud to be from the USA even if I might disagree with some actions of the current administration. But the last couple of times I was in Amsterdam all the girls in the RLD new that I was from America.
Good to know that Mon is still around. Hope to see her this week.
Posted: 2006-07-25, 8:37 pm

fun_time
Seems like if they know your from the USA they have the impression your rich and will ask for more money. Blue Jeans seem to be the norm versus colored dress pants in winter at least. If your kind and respectful it really don't matter much either way..imo
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: