Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
December 24 or 31 in Amsterdam : good or bad idea ?
Posted: 2006-07-25, 9:05 pm

Diabolo
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Already trying to plan my 4th trip to Amsterdam ( I came back a week ago only ) I wonder if it is a good idea to spend the night of 24th or 31st of December in Amsterdam, considering my big interest is visiting window girls in the Walletje :)

Are girls more difficult to find at night ? More busy ? More expensive ? Is the RLD more crowded than usual ? Is the "good spirit of Christmas" a compensation of those possible drawbacks ?

Any advice or report are very welcome !

Posted: 2006-07-26, 12:33 am

iloveamsterdam
i would avoid xmas as alot of girls go back home..but the new year is a different story!
Re: December 24 or 31 in Amsterdam : good or bad idea ?
Posted: 2006-07-26, 3:52 pm

420 Power Kat
It is "hit or miss" between Dec. 24-31. Not the best time to monger but the City is festive and fun.
Ollie Bollies, Girls in Santa Hats, Hot Wine, Cold Wind, etc.. Smoke shops and bars are lively but you will find that a lot of windows are closed. A few top performers will work hard after Christmas since they spent all their money on gifts. NYE, get laid by 14:00 or be prepared to settle for a Oude Church gal :-)

Posted: 2006-07-27, 2:49 am

smuler Power Kat
Thanks for bringing up this topic. I will be in Ams from 12/28-1/1, and I was wondering the same .... Can anyone comment on the percentage of windows that might be closed ??

Thanks 420 for the tip about getting some before 2 Pm on New Years Eve.. Was hoping to hit on someone on NYE around 9-11. Would sort of be a great way to ring in the New Year. Can any local resident comment on this possibility ? Maybe Pijp or the Singel ??

Maybe a prive would be the way to go, even though I have never done that before

Regards,

Smuler
Posted: 2006-07-29, 2:31 pm

Diabolo
OK, thanks for reply, kind of logical that many windows will be closed, that's vacations for everyone.

The 2 weeks preceding Christmas seems to be the best deal of the year in many hotel, I will try my luck during this period.

Strangely, 24th December is a cheap night in many hotel, but 31st is a different story ...

Posted: 2006-07-29, 3:56 pm

soylent Power Kat
Not that strange. Think about it, most people stay with their family over Christmas, so the hotels know they'll be clamoring for business. On the flip-side, NYE has everyone staying in hotels. The partiers need a place to sober up for the night or to continue the party after Dam Square finishes doing it's thing. The hotels know they'll have no vacancy, and will price their rooms accordingly.

Cheers,
Soy
Posted: 2006-08-01, 5:33 pm

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
There will be plenty of girls out on the 31st past 2 PM. I have hooked up with stunners as late as 11 PM on NYE. However, generally speaking the majority of the girls are headed off a bit earlier to celebrate.

I do not like to be down in the wallen after midnight on NYE, too crowded, pickpockets galore, fights etc. etc. Best to kick it in a different location after midnight IMO.

PS- I can guarantee you if Sabrina is in town she will work on NYE- she knows she can bank heavily on that night.
December 24 or 31 in Amsterdam : good or bad idea ?
Posted: 2006-08-02, 12:22 am

smuler Power Kat
Trip...thanks for putting my mind at ease....

Regards

Smuler
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: