Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
q's about the kras appartments
Posted: 2006-08-11, 6:44 pm

annyman
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
hi guys, i was wondering if guys had stayed at the kras could give me some info,

its hard to tell never been there how longt the walk is to the rld from the kras, so i have a few q's if u guys could help

1) how far walk from the kras to the main rld

2) is the kras in 1 building

3)will it be busy to walk from the rld to the kras at say 11-12

4) whcih is a good appartemnt to try and reserve
- looking for

- good clean shower and bath
- decent tv to hook portable dvd player to to watch some decent stoner films
- nice fridge
-MOST IMPORTANTISH a good view of some window girls (good looking window girls, no point if they are ugly
- privacy, dont want to walk past a condecnding reception guy every time i go in and out of the hotel

5) if there is a really local coffe shop, like next door

well thats it, are the kranstopoly apartments nice, id really need a decent room number cos i am an unlucky guy and if there is ever a chance of either getting a good room or a bad room chances are id end up with the bad one, lol
Re: q's about the kras appartments
Posted: 2006-08-11, 10:30 pm

keith35
I've stayed there 3 times but only at he Hotel so I can't tell you about the Apartments. It is only about 1 1/2 blocks(4 minute walk) from the RLD. The streets will be crowded but should be no hinderence. I live in NYC so I'm used to crowded streets. There are coffeeshops all around the RLD and on the fringes of Dam Square. I like Abraxis near the palace.
Posted: 2006-08-12, 3:32 am

bobvanz
I stayed in a Kras apartment in April. I was in one of the Junior apartments. The apartments are in the back of the hotel. They have separate entrances from the main part of the hotel. The apartment I was in was OK. It needed some updating, the furniture/appliances were kind of old, but it was clean and the price was a decent deal if you are staying a week or more. You get a view of a courtyard or the canal. The location is fantastic. A couple minute walk to the RLD. It is in a great area for food and drink. I would recommend.
Posted: 2006-08-13, 4:18 am

freakpa
I stayed in the apartments twice. They're one of the best values in the Dam for short term stays. They are on the back of the hotel, on Oudezijds Voorburgwaal. The nearest red light window is 50m. You are surrounded by coffeeshops. Many suck in that area. Some are the best in the world. There are probably 6 shops within 100m of the apartment door.

The best two imho are nes cafe and greenhouse. There are other good ones. These two happen to be two of the best anywhere. Some places right there also suck. But don't let laziness dictate where you go - there are at least 40 within a 10 minute walk of your place. Explore.

But stay out of the supertourist places unless you want overpriced bad shrubs.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: