Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
route advice to amsterdam from rotterdam
Posted: 2006-09-07, 6:52 am

RAVE
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
heya guys,

i will be goin to visit Netherland very soon.
and would like to experience the RLD life in amsterdam.
but sadly i've just found out that i will be stayin in a hotel at Rotterdam, something named Capelle at barbizonlaan 2.

question is, how can i get to amsterdam at night time? i've only 1 night time to spare because i am stopping there for a night only.
whats the best way to get to there? by taxi? or any other suggestion? and how much would it cost me to get there and back?
and does the fares are the same at all time and also those transport services are available all the time too?

thanks
Re: route advice to amsterdam from rotterdam
Posted: 2006-09-07, 2:34 pm

block
http://www.ns.nl/pages/index.html

This is the home page for the trains in Holland.Also translated to English.You can get schedule and pricing info here.

Miles Davis
Posted: 2006-09-07, 5:55 pm

FlamingLibido
Yeah man, I would definitely do the train. The rail services over there are pretty good.
Me and my gf got one from ADam to Paris a couple of years ago. It stopped in Rotterdam, and I can't remember exactly how long the journey was (had smoked a fair amount of white widow that afternoon), but I remember thinking, 'wow, that didn't take long'.

However, I would avoid the sleeper service, which is the one we were on, as we had to share a cabid with four stinking Italian dudes. I've got nothing against Italians, but man, these guys hummed like bath-time hadn't been invented.
Posted: 2006-09-08, 4:22 am

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Definitely train. Rotterdam Centraal station to Amsterdam Centraal station takes 63 minutes and costs E22.50 for a return trip; I guess a taxi would cost closer to E100 one-way and will not be much quicker.

Unfortunately your hotel is not in the centre of Rotterdam, it's actually in one of the suburbs named Capelle aan de IJssel, www.ov9292.nl (public transport journey planner) calculates best time as 1h 40m including walk, bus & train (from R'dam Alexander station). My advice is cab to Rotterdam Centraal (say E20) then train. Intercities run every 30 minutes at :00 and :30 from platform 9. Buy your ticket before you board. Return trains run through the night but only hourly and the journney is longer as they stop more often.

All in all could be a very long night. Hope you don't have to be in working condition the next day.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: