Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Renting apartments...
Posted: 2006-09-19, 7:55 pm

bladderwart
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all

I am planning to the Dam early next year for around 10 days and since I am staying longer than usual I thought I might try staying in an apartment.

Has anyone got any decent recommendations? ie places that they have stayed before? I would ideally like to stay close to the centre of the city.

Any help would be useful.

Cheers.
Re: Renting apartments...
Posted: 2006-09-19, 8:02 pm

JBIG
Kras has good apartments in the center of the city, stayed there before and it was very good, plus you can use anything the hotel offers as well, so room service and what not is no problem
Posted: 2006-09-19, 8:08 pm

bladderwart
Cheers JBIG, I will check that one out.

Just curious, does it work out more cost effective staying in an appt compared to a hotel if you are staying for longer periods?
Posted: 2006-09-19, 8:45 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
People have had a lot of nice things to say about Citymundo www.citimundo.nl . They have a lot of variety in both price and location.
Posted: 2006-09-19, 9:22 pm

JBIG
yeah for the most part I think it is a better value, but not every place is affordable
citymundo has some good ones but also some of the prices are high, just search for whatever fits your budget

big thing about staying in an apt is the fact you have a washer dryer and a full kitchen possibly with a stove and microwave, here you can save tons of cash on eating out and what not, save things in the fridge and everything, its a good value if you use it right
Posted: 2006-09-19, 11:20 pm

bladderwart
Cheers chaps, I will check it out.
Posted: 2006-09-20, 12:53 am

mikeyboy
I am staying at a citymundo apartment just off the Nieuwmarkt in a few weeks time. I'll let you know what it's like but think it seems pretty good value at 120 per night - cheaper than many hotels.

Mikey
Posted: 2006-09-20, 12:45 pm

french7034
Well, I have been with both "Amsterdam Cribs" and "stayAmsterdam". Both were good. Cribs have quite a few places right in the centre, you can see the girls from you window, the one I had was on OZV. stayAmsterdam was a much nicer flat, more modern, it was on NZV, at the bottom near Spui sq.

I would reccommend both mate,

Frenchy

Posted: 2006-09-21, 4:00 am

warbird
I used citymundo last year and found a nice apartment near Nieuwmarkt. Stayed three weeks. Nice quite neighborhood but still near everything. I'm renting the same apartment for my stay in November this year.

Posted: 2006-09-22, 3:09 pm

markcheech
I used www.canalapts.com I was told they were shady and all after i booked. I went in may. The apartment was clean, the people that checked us in were fantastic. When we returned to the US 3 weeks later we received our deposit back. No issues at all with the apartment at all.
Was picked up at the airport like we were told and our return trip was fine too.

In fact, we just booked these apartments again for next june.
Posted: 2006-09-25, 8:55 am

MacSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Why not try a houseboat - I stayed in the one advertised in canalapts which Markcheech mentioned (a couple of years ago, under the previous, and shady, ownership).
It was the best lodging experience I ever had in amsterdam - the houseboat is furnished like a luxury apartment, lots of space, 5 minutes walk from the RLD, and the best part was sitting in the lounge chair, lighting up, and waving through the hufe windows to the tourist boats passing by...
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: