Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Trip to Bali
Posted: 2010-01-17, 2:40 pm

johnblue
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey guys!

This is my first post to the forum. And since i've enjoyed a lot reading your posts of your trips, I wanted to post mine. Hope it helps someone.

Okay. We went to Bali in Indonesia last January with a friend of mine. The reason why we went to Bali was that my friend had visited there earlier and told good things about it. Also he had met a girl with whom he spent most of the time with again. So I ended up spending a lot of time by my own.

You can book a hotel in advance from balihotels (search from google). I used that but the hotel that I booked was quite shitty. Weather was okay, not too hot. But it is was the rain season so if you are planning to go on rain season be prepared of getting really wet. It rained like hell for the first night. There was one foot of water on the street. But the good thing in the rain is that as fast as it comes as fast it goes.

We were staying in Kuta beach which is the centre of Bali. My friends girl recommended a hotel for me (because the first hotel was really bad). The hotel I got in was Masa Inn. Really good price-quality. Recommended. Don't remember how much it was for one night but really cheap. It's located in Poppies Lane II. Really nice pools and nice staff. Good breakfast. And for the times I got girls in, they didn't charge any extra.

Bali is filled with tourists which was a bit surprising for me. It's really like going to tourist destinations in Spain or Greece. A lot of drunk Australians wearing Bintang shirts. Bintang is the local beer. Really good in my opinion.

The things you can do in Bali is partying, meeting girls (tourists or local girls) and surfing. There is really good places to go surfing in Bali but the really good places are outside of Kuta. The beach in Kuta was nice but the water was really dirty. The water is filled with trash. So it's a bit annoying when all kinds of plastic gets tangled around your feet.

When walking the street there is all the time girls offering massage and taxi drivers offering either taxi services, girls or mushrooms. :) A real full service.

Bars are filled with tourists and local girls (usually working girls). If you want to have a local girl for a night, it's around 20 euros. There are really beautiful girls even though I'm not such a fan of girls that look Asian. It is also really easy to have a local girl with you without paying them. All you need is some conversational skills (same goes to tourist girls of course).

The girls really like dancing in bars. There are a lot of bars as you could imagine. I wasn't able to find any straight forward strip tease bars. There was one where the bar's girls were dancing on the bar table. They were hot. But is wasn't a strip bar I think.

But I have to warn you guys. Beware of lady boys. They are really beautiful and I had many times some deep eye contact with a few of them. Luckily my friend's girl warned me about them.

All in all. Bali is a good place if you like partying and waves and girls. Next time I want to visit Jakarta.
Re: Trip to Bali
Posted: 2010-02-08, 12:02 am

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jakarta is a rather different place. You won't see that kind of action so openly and occasionally some of the locals decide to have a go at partying foreigners. My advice is stick to Bali.

B61
Re: Trip to Bali
Posted: 2010-02-08, 10:04 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Welcome to the board johnblue and thanks for writing a trip report as a first post.

Strange question - what is the English like of the working girls?

I've spend a bit of time in Thailand and women are fantastic, but after a while you get fed up trying to communicate with them of speaking in 'pigeon' English.

Posted: 2010-02-09, 1:47 pm

smuler Power Kat
Hi John Blue

Thanks for the report

So sad to hear that " Paradise " is littered with garbage on the beach......

Such a sad commentary on how we leave our mark on the earth

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2010-02-15, 4:23 pm

johnblue
Thanks for the replies.

The girls talk pretty good English in my opinion. And if not, you can always pick another one. There is a lot to choose from.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: