Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 25 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Vancouver 6/1 to 6/8
Posted: 2010-06-07, 3:45 am

smuler Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Excellent reporting Grasshopper !!!

Sutton Place- excellent choice

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... umbia.html

Here's a link which you can find more info on restaurants and bars in Vancouver :

http://www.perb.ca/vbulletin/showthread ... =charlatan

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2010-06-08, 8:01 am

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
While sitting at the airport I wrote up a final day synopsis including a full blown rant/bitch about customs...

Sitting at my gate they moved another departure to it, seemed like more than enough time to get them out and my flight boarded. ...well... I was starting to get nervous ... At the last minute they apologized and announced that my flight had been moved to another gate. Will have to see if my notes were saved properly on my laptop. If not I'll try to do them again.

For now ... let's just say that the overly long time with the customs agent bordered on me going from "wow what a great vacation" to outright belligerent. The customs guy was probably having a bad day and I took it the wrong way, but his refusal to believe me just really irritated me...

-------------

Last couple of meals:

Dinner last night was at GUU - http://www.guu-izakaya.com/

From the website I haven't figured out which one I went to, but it was the one close to Burrard and Robson -- but NOT the one on Robson

Surprisingly tasty meal at one of the most reasonable prices I paid while in Vancouver. From what I read in Lonely Planet they recommend GUU Garlic (the one on Robson). Based upon my experience just go to any GUU.

The one I went to was playing techno and the wait/cook staff were yelling to each other the whole time. Met some Russians as i was leaving and the review they read said don't go if you have a headache.

I ate at the counter and I have no idea what the guy to the left of me was eating --- but it was still moving when they served it to him.

Oddly, my appetizer showed up after my entree.

I watched other people (couples/groups) ordering and they were making multiple orders throughout their meal. The food is served VERY fast. In no way is it fast food...just food that is served fast.

If you enjoy amazingly cute japanese women...this is the place to go eat!!!

Breakfast today (and last Wednesday) was at Bellagio. This place came recommended by the concierge and was within walking distance of the hotel (about 3 blocks) and is across the street from the art museum.

Last Wednesday the place was packed and today it wasn't. The staff is very friendly and the food is good, but a bit pricey.

where I live I'm accustomed to paying $10 w/tip for a very good breakfast. Breakfast's in vancouver were costing over $10 plus tip (good ... not very good). With some time and effort I'm sure I could have found my preferred little hole in the wall places that I love for breakfast.

Smuler - I liked the cosmic place you sent me. But, a little pricey for breakfast. The atmosphere was excellent.

Flight home:

One of the things I like about flying with United is "flight deck."

for those of you who haven't flown with United and been able to listen to "flight deck," it is a live feed of the radio communications that the plane is having.

You get to hear some really boring stuff and some days some really good stuff. ...and today I heard some classic "why you should be scared shitless to fly" stuff.

1) while flying within radio range of Fargo ND I heard air traffic control reprimand a pilot who completely missed the airport.

2) coming into Chicago I heard the air traffic controller apologize to all the pilots for bringing a large group of planes way too close together.

3) Near Chicago, but farther out... ATC put a "smaller" jet in right behind a 747 (or similar ... it was a "heavy"). The pilot of the smaller jet was upset and pulled out of the flight pattern. You should have heard all the pilots on the channel start chattering away.

I will give all the pilots and ATC people a thumbs up... if you have flown United enough to listen to Flight Deck you will know that the pilot's and ATC are the consummate of calm. Take a listen to the tapes of the plane that crashed in the Hudson river and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

Flight Deck is not available on all planes and it is at the discretion of the pilot.

After a week my bio-clock has adjusted to Pacific Time ... and even with that it is well past my bedtime. Work is going to be rough Tuesday.

Posted: 2010-06-08, 8:13 am

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:

Without a doubt I liked the hotel for the price I paid.

If I had paid full price I would have thought the services/room were not worth it.

All of the staff was extremely friendly. The concierge staff was excellent... all were great, but one excelled. It was a treat to listen to him describe how pleasant your walk to the bus stop was going to be. ;-)

Went to the pool twice and it had nothing to be excited about...but that is not why I went to Vancouver.

Did not go to the restaurant/bar.

The size of the room, quality of the bed, etc was not much nicer than a standard Holiday Inn/Best Western. The location compared to the Holiday Inn/Best Westerns/etc that I saw - plus the other services DID make it worth the price that I paid. ...okay, the bed was probably one of the best I've slept in at a hotel....

Posted: 2010-07-19, 10:32 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Thought I'd tack this on to this thread...today I cruised one of the Vancouver tracks using Google street view and found these 3 working girls.

http://tinyurl.com/hastingsgirl1

http://tinyurl.com/hastingsgirl2

Posted: 2010-07-19, 1:02 pm

smuler Power Kat
Neuro synth

Where you have the DTES in where most of the Low Track action is

Once you go sortof past Oppenheimer Park going east, you're going too far.

The roads that run parallel to Hastings sometimes have SW

Don't expect them to be too close to where LE can see them

Then drive up main to where it intersects with Kingsway ( sometimes see girls along this route

When you gone down Kingsway to Boundary road, you are at the end of the stroll

Well, at least the farthest I've gone

Tip- a couple blocks before Boundary road is where you will find a lot of middle track girls at night

Especially in the side roads and alleys that run parallel to KW

They try to stay off KW because of police presence

If you see someone that catches your eye, park your car on a sidestreet and walk around the neighborhood.

I remember finding a gem there once

She pulled my dick out and started jerking me off to get me hard as we walked towards the car

But, I couldn't find where I had parked

This gave her the heebejeebies, and sensing I was a cop, she vamoosed...

I remember her saying to me as I got harder in her hand, " I've never sucked a cop's dick before "

I found my car, but never saw her again

These girls know all these hidden areas to take you to, to get you off

Be safe...

Best Regards

Smuler

[ 25 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: