Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Long time no see
Posted: 2011-01-19, 10:28 pm

JohnMoore
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello,

It was a long time since I last posted here but now I'm back and after over 2 years abscence (someone showed me the German FKK-scene [You know who you are] and I felt I needed to check that out, many many times over). So now I'm a newbie again.

Have been reading some posts here and I'm glad to see most of the "old" posters still being here and going strong. Will return for a 3 day trip in the middle of march and first of all I would like to know if anything have changed since Golden Tulip took over my old fave hotel Terminus? Still a good place to stay? I'm choosing between that one and The Roode Leuw / Amsterdam Hotel. Any thoughts?

Just wanted to say hi and I will try and get in to the posting again but for now I dont have much to add but asking a lot of annoying questions.

Cheers / John

Posted: 2011-01-19, 10:52 pm

rheingau Power Kat
I've only had bad times at the Red Lion, I suggest you pick somewhere else! And welcome back.
Re: Long time no see
Posted: 2011-01-19, 11:01 pm

JohnMoore
Thank you Sir, I will then avoid the lion.

Posted: 2011-01-20, 2:31 am

jgramos Moderator
Hi John, good to see you back!! :-)

I'd stick with the Terminus/Golden Tulip, pretty much the same with a bit of decoration being done.

Peace

Posted: 2011-01-20, 3:15 am

smuler Power Kat
John

We would welcome your questions....

You know, I see from your posts " over there ", that we actually missed each other by a couple days a couple times in Germany over the last couple years....

That's a lot of couples.....

You see Hannah at Oase lately ?

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2011-01-20, 11:22 am

JohnMoore
Ok, then Terminus it is. Thanks for the quick replies. Room is now booked. Still pretty low prices for being Amsterdam.

Yes. It is pretty hard to not miss a lot of other guys but I've met quite a few nevertheless. Mostly from "the other place".

I have seen Hannah on most of my trips but only sessioned with her once. She is great though. Going back to oase in two weeks. Will our paths cross this tiime around?

Posted: 2011-01-20, 12:07 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
terminus for me everytime !!
new carpets, lift still uncertain whether it fancies working, chocolate/crisps still get "stuck" in that blessed machine, luggage room still "open to all", you still have to impersonate Harry Houdini to have a crap in the toilet by reception, still manage every so often to say "we have no record of your reservation!"[but always find you a room]
quirky little things like the above still wont deter me from staying there !
welcome back Mr.Moore
regards

Posted: 2011-01-20, 1:43 pm

smuler Power Kat
It seems like my Oase visit will not happen until May...

I'm hoping for the warm hot sun, so the garden will be open

My next venture will be Tijuana in a couple weeks

I suppose that will have to do for now...

Best Regards
Smuler

Posted: 2011-01-20, 4:34 pm

Royale_w_cheese
Quote:
machine, luggage room still "open to all", you still have to impersonate Harry Houdini to have a crap in the toilet by reception, still manage every so often to say "we have no record of your reservation!"[but always find you a room]
quirky little things like the above still wont deter me from staying there !

Wow and you like that over the Roode Leuw ? The 3x staying at Roode Leuw the only problem was the damn small rooms, check in at 9am wasn't any problem so I don't understand why anybody would put up with what you posted.

Screw that, I like to walk up ,check in,take a shower and hit the city.
Posted: 2011-01-20, 5:08 pm

Irish_Sanchez
I stayed at the terminus a few months back. Not the first time i had stayed there and i was quite happy with all my stays apart from my last.

After wakening from my sleep one morning there was a mouse on the table in my room just sitting there, think he smelled my food i had in my bag! Checked it out on trip advisor any other people had also experienced problems with mice.

i know this hotel is quite populer with the people on this board, has anyone else had the same problem?
Posted: 2011-01-20, 5:19 pm

Supporting Member
Never had a mouse in my room !!
i admit, i was being a bit "over the top" re; Terminus, but, hey, i like it there, very happy there, great position, great staff, and, after all the years ive stayed there, i get quite good concessions.
True, there are indeed, far superior hotels in Ams, but !!!! there are more LESS superior hotels, some of the dives ive stayed at begger belief !!
Nope, staying with good old Terminus
regards

Posted: 2011-01-20, 5:50 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
Having seen the Terminus mentioned so much on this site I've just booked it for this weekend for a bit of a change. Was a little concerned with the post from Irish Sanchez but I guess if there's anyone best qualified to advise on this hotel then it's got to be you Greenhoff.....maybe they will end up doing the decent thing and name your favourite room after you....The Greenhoff Room....has a certain ring to it!!

Regards

Doc

Posted: 2011-01-20, 5:57 pm

Supporting Member
hey, yes, i like that !!

Room 21 is now the Greenhoff room !!! lol

regards

Posted: 2011-01-20, 7:21 pm

JohnMoore
Smuler:
Yes, Oase sure is best in the hot months, but I can't stay away that long. Maybe we can book on the same dates in May. You can always PM me if you have already done your booking for that month. Tijuana seems really nice, hot and all that. Been there before?

Greenhof:
Thank you. It feels good to soon go back. I understand you totally, been staying at Terminus on many occasions and never had any problems. Only downside was the time I got a room towards Warmoesstraat which was a bit noisy.

Irish_Sanchez:
That's a bit nasty but I guess it's pretty common in Amsterdam with mice and rats. Have seen a few of them running around the streets in early mornings in the Wallen.

Posted: 2011-01-21, 1:36 am

smuler Power Kat
Hi John

I'll PM you about May when I have it all worked out

I've been to Tijuana about 12-15 seperate afternoons...

I fly under the radar during the day.....

Here's what someone I know posted recently somewhere else :

Last Sat. Night was intimidating.

5 convoys of camouflaged marines complete with ski masks and machine guns parked in busy corners of zona norte stopping cars and pedestrians. Very serious checkpoints for contraband and weapons.

Yours truly was told to spread ém on a wall twice within 15 minutes while being frisked and interrogated.

Very intimidating but no harm done

I saw these soldiers myself last August

It's getting a bit dicey down there lately.... :-(

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2011-01-23, 9:15 pm

JohnMoore
Smuler:
Ah, I see... Yes it has become a bit dodgy down there lately. Hope you'll have a great time though.

Keeping on asking questions I just found two quite old strippenkaartjes (Ticket strip thing for the public transportation) and was just wondering if they still work? They should be 2-3 years old by now.

[ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: