Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 23 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Traveling alone? how to meet new people
Posted: 2011-08-27, 11:48 pm

VIPER
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have traveled solo around Europe for about 2 months before when I was a student. You can easily make new friends, contacts and acquaintances. If you an open, easygoing, approachable and likeable guy who likes social interactions in pubs, clubs, bars, cafes etc...meeting new people is really easy.
Re: Traveling alone? how to meet new people
Posted: 2011-08-30, 7:46 am

Silverback
Nice little thread going here...

I gotta say (having been to the Dam about 3 times on my own now, about 10 with mates) that the best way to 'meet people' is by using this simple question:

"Is this seat taken?"

If it's not, you've broken the ice - sit down, roll up, spark up and start chattin'! "How long you here for?" and "Where you from?" can lead into hour long chats and quick friendships made.

I find Amsterdam the easiest city to meet people in simply because (myself included) most people are stoned and friendly.

Peace.

Posted: 2011-09-05, 7:59 am

yedercieL
Great thread now I have some ideas on meeting new people during my travels.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 2 of 2
 [ 23 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: