Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 2 of 3
 [ 53 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Ignatzmice is shutting down.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 2:49 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
where are you going to be pacifist ?

im there tomorrow too
regards

Posted: 2009-10-11, 3:07 pm

Thepacifist
I'm going with my dad this time for a nice change. Staying at the princess on overtoom, coming back on wednesday night. I get there 2moro at about 7 or 8pm. So just really have time to get to the hotel, get some weed, and get laid def once, probably twice lol. But i'd be up for meeting on the tuesday and having a spliff and a wander around our beloved wallen.

Posted: 2009-10-11, 4:33 pm

Paddington
Sad to see this site go.

Thank you for all your efforts and thanks to all the contributors on the forums giving invaluable advice and good discussions.

Hopefully someone will come up with a killer idea to keep it running.

/Paddington
Posted: 2009-10-11, 6:23 pm

Happymonday
This really is a great site, I take it alot of money would have been needed to keep it going. Cheers for all the information everyone, like it's been mentioned I wish I had found this site a long time before I did. Hope someone creates some kind of replacement.

Smell of good earthy herbs makes my nerves shudder but where were you that cold December, cos we were in the Grasshopper spending guilders..Central Station, charged up like Scarface, Amsterdam ain't a nice place off your face
Posted: 2009-10-11, 8:22 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Totally agree with greenhoff re: donations. If there's any chance it would help, I am very glad to reach into my wallet to help keep this site afloat... it means a lot to me.

Posted: 2009-10-11, 8:41 pm

AmsterdamChris Admin
I second Bluto and Greenhoffs idea of raising money to keep this site alive. I would be more than happy to contribute financially if it helped keep the site around.
I can not put a price tag on how much this site has helped me and it has made my Amsterdam adventures so much better.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 9:02 pm

down
it cant cost that much to have a website up surely some are free and they get advertising and other money/donations
so they must be minted
Posted: 2009-10-11, 10:04 pm

Farid747Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Without Ignatzmice my trips would never have been the same. Nowhere else in the net did I find such a warm and community and a friendly atmosphere, I never had any trouble here. Besides, the message board, the device, and trip reports are a valuable source of informations.

When I joined Ignatzmice in 2007, I was like a child in a candy store, I spent endless hours reading the message board and browsing the device, but now I'm schocked and so sad. As it has been said many times before, if there's anything to do to keep this site alive, I am willing to dig into my pocket.

For those who want to keep in touch, I am registered with the same nickname on hookers.nl

Posted: 2009-10-11, 10:10 pm

DykVanDyke
Sad news re: Ignatzmice.

Thanks for all the valuable (invaluable) information for my last 2 trips to Amsterdam, and for virtually making my mind up for me to go to Berlin last year and Frankfurt this year.

I hope all the contributors land on their feet and continue to have good trips to Amsterdam and any other city in the world they wish to visit.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 10:18 pm

down
RIP boys RIP

Posted: 2009-10-11, 10:40 pm

retro Power Kat
Really sad news .
i only found this site a few months ago but since then it's given me loads of information for my two trips since being on here and everyone on the forum are always helpfull . im also going to miss ready the amusing stories and trip reports people post.

A sad day.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 11:00 pm

Trembles
It's a bit like losing a friend that I've had for over six [sobs] years. Perfect timing too, as I leave for the Dam on the 21st - I was looking forward to posting that trip report. Darn

Will this spawn a host of other sites eager to fill the void left by this old establishment member, I wonder...
Posted: 2009-10-11, 11:58 pm

fatboy1Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Such a wealth of information over the years. Floriade, Zandvoort, De Hoge Veluwe, Maastricht, Den Haag, Keukenhof, Haarlem, and other places discussed and visited due to participation on this website. Places visited in Germany and discussed here. Thailand, Argentina, Spain, the lists goes on due to the inspiration received from this site.
Always have wondered if the author of Jon's Amsterdam was Withnail.
Websites come and go and I will surely miss this one.
Thanks for everything.
Posted: 2009-10-12, 12:57 am

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
This iThis is sad news. I used to be an active poster on this site and traveler to Amsterdam. Unfortunately not anymore. I have lurked here just to keep up with happenings. I will miss this very much. Best of luck Axxxtw.
Posted: 2009-10-12, 1:27 am

UltimateAmsterdam
Jeezo man that sucks! I've only been using the sites for about 2 month and i was gonng post my trip report on the 25th and now that's not gonna happen. the only other site i can think of that is close to this site is the amsterdam channels database. If that makes anyone feel better they have a less interesting forum but still talks about Amsterdam.
Posted: 2009-10-12, 1:29 am

Busta Hymen
I haven't posted in a while, but have enjoyed reading others' accounts of their escapades. I can say definitively that this site has been a great resource for planning and getting as much enjoyment as possible from my trips to Ams.

I can also definitely state that this site was a big catalyst towards getting me to travel abroad (all the way from the western U.S.) several times, knowing what kind of experience and fun that would be awaiting me when I landed. I'm sure that extensive efforts have been made to keep this site up and running. But, have any interests from the RLD, or the city of Amsterdam been contacted to try and get some funding to aid this website? It absolutely did/does have a positive impact on tourism, which will no doubt suffer now as a result of this resource of information not being available anymore.

As I have no more trips to planned in the future, I can't say that I am never-ever going to want to return. And I know how much of a blow this closure will be to all of you active mongerers. All I can say is a huge gesture of thanks and gratitude to all that contributed and made this website possible for so long.

Peace
Posted: 2009-10-12, 7:38 am

greenchemical
This is sad to hear. Thanks axxxtw and all those that ran this site and made it possible.

Perhaps some good citizens could make the knowledge transfer to a Google Groups (and Google Docs for the reviews?) or even a Myspace account. These are not good alternatives, but crappy alternatives that would at least preserve the reviews that many people put so much time into.

Anyway, good luck with all your future endeavors.
Posted: 2009-10-12, 10:17 am

ashbury82
Time for Harakiri !! God what a blow, been ill for a week and come back to work to find this ! Wounded.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the hit-lists I created from reviews and reports; you all provided much amusement through some dark times and I'm glad to have found this resource, brief as it was.

Like other posters, I'd be happy to financially boost any coffers should it make a difference. Another poster's already commented but I never thought it would cost that much to keep a site up and running..

What a great shame anyway, take it easy everyone.
Posted: 2009-10-12, 11:02 am

tonek
Yes sad news without this site I would never have found Florence,Sabrina,Mem,and who can forget Sandra of Spain,Annie Blue Jeans and of course if you read my reports my all time favourite Jessica who I have been seeing since 2004.
In fact I have just booked her for a hotel visit in November just one month before she retires.
Once again many thanks to the people who have given up so much of their time to run this site and all the contributors who have given so much information.
The only people taking any satisfaction out of this will be the rip off merchants.
Good luck to everyone its been great talking to you all.

Tonek
Posted: 2009-10-12, 11:47 am

PlayItAgainSamSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Very, very sad. I joined several years ago, and have truly enjoyed sharing experiences with everybody. I'll definitely miss the site.

Sam
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 2 of 3
 [ 53 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: