Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Exchange rate will things get better
Posted: 2008-05-03, 10:22 pm

daveinadam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I cancelled our trip to adam this year we liked to go during Queens day time frame BUT i could not do it this year. Perfect example small beer 4 EURO = 6.16 dollar Sorry i love you amsterdam but are dollar stinks. We can only hope for a brighter future anyone have a take on this.
Re: Exchange rate will things get better
Posted: 2008-05-03, 10:27 pm

funfor2houston
Yes , we got hit by the same situation . Usually we go with four other couples but this year we all decided to stay home till the U S dollar gets a little stronger~~~~~~~~~~
Posted: 2008-05-03, 11:53 pm

PlayItAgainSamSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Well....the Fed cut rates again. Certainly not what you want to do if you want to make the dollar stronger. Get ready for a rough ride, folks.
Posted: 2008-05-04, 2:13 am

EvianfanSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Frankly, in my opinion, the USD i hope does not go down more than what it is presently; i'm saving up for my July trip; i feel that i'm still privilaged to be able to visit AMS while i grow older. There will be a point sooner than later when i won't be even able to go due to age and health limitations. I wonder if an apartment can be rented for a month for an affordable price. Anyone with such info, please post.
Best,
Evianfan
Posted: 2008-05-04, 6:19 am

daveinadam
funfor2houston we can only hope that things wil be brighter in the futue if so maybe we can all hook up in the keep your fingers crossed see ya there.
Posted: 2008-05-04, 10:46 pm

uncletedSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hello Dave---Greetings from another Floridian.
I too will be postponing my usual November trip if things don't get better.
I think that instead of all this high finance stuff the exchange rates should be based on the price of a Big Mac and Fries. After all, It takes the same number of ingredients and work to make and sell one. In the US the price is about $3 and in Europe they are over $6. That means that the Euro is double what it should be.

Erotic is when you use a feather when making love. Kinky is when you use the whole chicken.
Posted: 2008-05-04, 11:34 pm

SunLover
I cancelled my trip last month because of the exchange rate.
Amsterdam will be there the next time I decide to go. The
people who are hurt the most by my decision were the ladies
of Park118 and Coby Prive... ;)

SunLover
Posted: 2008-05-05, 5:31 pm

therover
hello evianfan ! posting this reply to you;

i too am going there in july- and am renting an apartment affordably. well, the rate kills the value a bit, but cheaper than hotels when you add it up.
send me a message or post reply, if interested in more details !
therover
Posted: 2008-05-06, 9:07 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
With low interest rates, a big balance of payments deficit, an economy on the verge of recession, and countries moving some of their FX reserves into euros it is hard to see demand for the dollar rising any time soon. I expect these rates, or worse, to continue for a while.

I feel the pain: I have a bunch of cash in a dollar-linked currency that I have been waiting to change ... and waiting ... and waiting ...
Posted: 2008-05-07, 5:21 am

overworked
When Obama takes office he will probably try to outlaw Big Macs and Fries.
Posted: 2008-05-07, 12:57 pm

paniked Power Kat
Quote:
When Obama takes office he will probably try to outlaw Big Macs and Fries.

pardon me, but wtf does this statement have to do with this topic and/or Amsterdam?

overwrought more like it...

-paniked

Posted: 2008-05-07, 6:44 pm

vend
back to currency rates.

I get a heart attack each time I see the USD/Euro conversion tick up and down (FXCM demo app). I'm spending two weeks there in the summer, and I'm not sure if $4,000 USD (2,500 euros) is going to leave me enjoying the Wallen girls everyday, or having to only stop by every two or three days. (This amount is separate from hotel and plane cost).

Yeah, I'm a first-time virgin to Amsterdam as well. >_<!
Posted: 2008-05-07, 11:30 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
There was an article in today's New York Times that argued that the long term prospects for the dollar are good. The gist of it (as I understood it) was that the weak dollar is now causing problems for the world economy as a whole. See:
http://tinyurl.com/5tsq7h
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: