Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
STD Conscience
Posted: 2008-09-28, 10:34 pm

tinynob
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'd like to ask people's view on 2 things I've often wondered around the STD topic:

1. How common would it be for people that knowingly have a STD (even as serious as HIV) to sleep with prostitutes anyway in an attempt to fulfill their sexual desires. They will never see that woman again so would not care if the paid partner catches the same disease off them.

2. Do the window girls test regulary and would they stop themselves carrying on working if they had a positive test result.
Re: STD Conscience
Posted: 2008-09-29, 1:13 am

rdkfomh
1. correct condom use everytime is 100% safe -as long as there are no splits or broken condoms.

2. STD testing in the Netherlands is a free service, but not mandatory - the govt. feel that making it mandatory might discourage the most at risk to not use the service. If you go a search you'll find a number of reports that state that amsterdam sex workers are regarded as the safest in the world.
Posted: 2008-09-29, 1:17 am

Busta Hymen
Posted: 2008-09-29, 2:38 am

AshSupporting Member
Supporting Member
lol busta
Posted: 2008-09-29, 2:26 pm

jgramos Moderator
Hi tinynob, there have been a number of threads about STD's recently, and a few people have posted some helpful links, it may be worth having a read through them.

In reply to your questions:

1. I would suppose HIV sufferers have the same sexual desires as others, so would visit a prostitute if they had the opportunity. I'd like to correct rdkfomh on his 100% proof condoms, condoms are 98% effective, so it is possible for a girl to contract diseases, but if you did some calculations you'd find the percentage chance of her then giving you the disease is very low (as long as you use a condom).

2. Some places you read that the girls all get tested regularly, but in reality, I don't think they do, though some do.
Would they continue working if they found they had a disease? I think it totally depends on the girl! If they're a drug addict or pimped out, then they probably will continue working. If they are working out of their own choice, I'd say it would depend what disease they had caught. If it was treatable in the short term, they'd probably just take a break of a few weeks and come back without disease. Whereas if it was a lifelong disease, they may give up prostitution.

Peace
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: