Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Disaster
Posted: 2008-10-03, 2:58 pm

Sainty
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Just spent about 2hours typing my trip report, and when i submitted, got this message.

I have been a member for over 8 months, and have posted without problems before. Anyone know why this happened??

Gonna type my report in Word later, then maybe paste it in, that way i wont lose it again!!!!!

You are witnessing a mysterious server error which is not supposed to exist. You are not authorised to remember this message.
Forum Index ยป You are witnessing a mysterious server error which is not supposed to exist. You are not authorised to remember this message.
You are witnessing a mysterious server error which is not supposed to exist. You are not authorised to remember this message.

To prevent spam posts on our forums we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have contributed at least 7 posts and have been with us for more than 7 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. If you have somehow received this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

Posted: 2008-10-03, 3:43 pm

axxxtw Founder
Sorry for that!

Unfortunately the error that was triggered is so mysterious even we don't know why it happened.

I'd guess that if you took that long to write up your report, the server probably timed-out waiting for something to happen. I'd have to check out the server settings to see what that time limit is...if I do, I'll post it here. This limit is a normal security thing.

Things appear to be normal, with no other errors.

When writing longer reports, it's always best to do it in a word processor program...even the simplest text editor like Notepad will do. Then copy and paste it into the text box here.
Disaster
Posted: 2008-10-03, 4:31 pm

smuler Power Kat
Hey Sainty...

please do try and send the report

If it took long to type, I am sure it will be very nice for us to read...

Best Regards

Smuler
Re: Disaster
Posted: 2008-10-03, 6:53 pm

amsterman Power Kat
My condolences, i know exactly how frustrating that is!!!! And it's equally bad for us for not getting to see it!!

I used Notepad this this after being caught out last time and just paste it in!!! Hope you can find the enthusiasm to re-do it, we do appreciate reports :-)
Posted: 2008-10-03, 7:29 pm

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Copy & paste as you go along.. believe me, I've been there!! Hopefully we'll see the report sometime soon.
Posted: 2008-10-04, 4:21 pm

steveyb
hi all not sure if it,s appropriate to post this here,but feel i should say somthing.

ive woken up to a email from my sister,it,s one of those please forward type ones now usually i ignore these kind of things but its one warning of a virus. apparently it,s been on cnn that if anyone recives a email that headlines "POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK" it,s a virus that microsoft are calling the most destructive virus there is,apparently it burns out your pc,s c-drive and cannot be repaired,the email says that even if it comes from one of your friends do not open it,and to shutdown your pc straight away.

im not really computer savy but i just phoned my sister to ask and she says she,s taking it as truth,so just wanted to let u guys know. that email again apparently will say POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK" so please be carefull guys. im gonna have a look on the cnn website to see if there is anything about this,has anyone herd about it?

steveyb

Posted: 2008-10-05, 12:20 am

Tiny
Thats so damend annoying when that happens and you loosed everything you have spent ages typing. Invaribly you sit there thinking sod that and dont put the effort into a second attept if you even bother with a second attepmt (which i hope you do)

I use an external editor to type long posts, not just for that but because ie never had a spell checker for forum posts. Having switched over to firefox i find myself doing more posts on the forums as it has a built in spell checker, if its more than a few lines before hitting submit just do a quick ctrl + a (select all) and ctrl + c (copy to clipboard) that way if the worst happend you still have it in the clipboard to past in again, once you get in the habit of doing it you will find it comes as routine/
Re: Spam about viruses
Posted: 2008-10-06, 1:36 am

MagooTooSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hi Steveyb,

Seems you and your sister have been victims of an annoying "please forward" email hoax. Not quite as annoying as the virus it pretends to warn of, but still a waste of emailspace.

Standard Operating Procedure for all "Please forward to everyone" messages is to delete them immediately.

There are plenty of ways to keep informed about the continually evolving world of malicious software, viruses, trojans (not the condoms) spyware and all that, so "reputable" info about threats to your PC will NEVER come in the form of emails that urge you to pass-it-on.

Instead, these emails are just another form of chain-letter. Pass it on or BAD THINGS will happen to you. This virus is so bad it will pillage your bank account, melt your credit card, kill your computer and your dog and make your dick wither and drop off...

Anyway, relax and delete. It's all bullshit.

Posted: 2008-10-06, 2:20 am

steveyb
hi magootoo!

im a bloody idiot overreacting(appoligies for using thread space) i just woke up to the email and thought oh shit! as it didn,t seem like the normal chain email and as my sis works for coutts bank and doesn,t usualy send me that stuff thought it may of been genuine. but your right and low and behold after looking on cnn,and google,no such mention of a "most destructive virus" so appoligies again,i didn,t "pass it on", deleted it and feel like a ass.

steve.

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: