Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 3
 [ 53 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Ignatzmice is shutting down.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 12:04 am

axxxtw Founder
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
Today is a sad day.

We believe we owe you all an explanation, although our first impulse had been to remain silent. (We changed our minds about the keeping silent, Wim! :)

We've spent the last several months trying to make the business behind Ignatzmice sustain itself, and we've reached the brick wall. We just weren't able to raise the money needed to keep Ignatz alive in these difficult economic times. We sought out buyers, spoke with a number of potential investors, and pitched several last-ditch creative efforts, all without success. (We were successfully scammed by a few potential partners though, and congrats to them!)

Ignatzmice.com will shut down on Oct 20, 2009.

There's one thing we've been very proud of: the many brilliant contributions to this board. We feel honored and humbled to have been able to host such a dynamic, warm, and wonderful community. The kindness, generosity, and support shared among members made it a community in the truest sense of the word, and one that we have loved being a part of for these past 14 years.

We wish we could have found a way to leave the site running for the benefit of the amazing folks who have made Ignatzmice what it is, and we have spent sleepless nights trying to figure something out, all to no avail. We're sorry to have let you all down.

To say we're sad about all of this would be an understatement, but the situation is what it is, and we're at the end of the line. We bid you goodbye, Ignatzmicers, and good luck in 2009 and the future.

Last edited by axxxtw on 2009-10-14, 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Ignatzmice is shutting down.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 1:03 am

windowshopping
A very sad day indeed!
Posted: 2009-10-11, 1:22 am

Diabolo
I discovered Ignatzmice four years ago after my 1st trip to Amsterdam, and it became my most visited site by far.
Thanks for all what you've done Axxxtw.
I feel like crying :(

Posted: 2009-10-11, 1:23 am

AmsterdamChris Admin
This is terrible news for everybody on this board.
My Amsterdam experiences would not have been as great if it was not for the info that is shared on this board.
I have made some great friends here and have been with some of the most beautiful and wonderful women and it is all because of this board.
Thanks, AXXTW, I will miss this board and all the good people here greatly
Posted: 2009-10-11, 1:24 am

windowshopping
Had to return to read this once more & was desperately hoping to find it wasn't here.
That it wasn't written, that just I had a bad dream.

It feels like a bereavement & I'm now officially in mourning!

Choked.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 2:04 am

TrickyKid
Quote:
We believe we owe you all an explanation, although our first impulse had been to remain silent.

Were you going to disappear into the night..?

VERY sad news :((
Posted: 2009-10-11, 2:28 am

mistygirl
AAAAWWWWW CRAP
Posted: 2009-10-11, 2:47 am

jgramos Moderator
Axxxtw.....extremely sad to hear the announcement!!!

I really thought someone would've taken over the site! :-(

Anyway, I wish you all the best for the future, and thank you for bringning such a wonderful site into existence!!

To me, when I joined, it started as a great source of information, but became a great place to meet like-minded people to wander De Wallen with and have informed discussions with (and sometimes less informed discussions! lol!)......hopefully some of us will be able to keep in touch in the future and still meet up!!!

I've contributed as much information to the site that I've been able to, and believe my average posting rate is around 2.5 posts per day since I joined in Oct 2007....so as you can imagine, without Ignatz there will be a little void in my daily routine, as I'm sure many members will find!

I wish you, and all members of Ignatz, the best for the future!!!

Kind regards & peace

JGRamos

Posted: 2009-10-11, 2:57 am

surasyrbrn
Like being hit with a brick. Thanks for the memories.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 5:19 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
What can I say... gutted!! I will seriously miss this place... it's beyond sad to see it go. And I truly regret not having found this site years earlier! :-( Best wishes to all my friends here, I hope we can stay in touch in future. As has been noted, the steady stream of extremely valuable information and warm sense of community one finds here are beyond compare. In the relatively short time I've been here, I've met some great people and had some truly awesome times in the 'dam and elsewhere that would not have been possible without this site. There will now be a large hole to fill in my daily routine! I'm a little rocked right now and I'm desperately hoping I wake up to find this was all a bad dream. :-(

Posted: 2009-10-11, 5:54 am

BadonkadonkSupporting Member
Supporting Member
This is so sad. When I saw the headline I thought to myself that this better be some kind of joke. Reading AXXXTW's post showed that is was no joke. I don't know what to say. I'm outta words. This site has provided so much valuable information for my trips and made them so much better thanks to all advice. Unfortunately I haven't met any of you guys, but through all the posts I have been reading at least it feels like I know some of you. Thanks to everyone that has been engaging and contributing here! I will arrive October 20:th to Amsterdam on my upcoming trip - the same day that this site closes down - and I will think of it when I walk the RLD-streets (and when I enter the kamer to a favorite girl). I guess I will be mourning and drink a beer dedicated to the closure of this site. If any of you guys will be there between October 20-26 to have another beer with me, just send me a PM!
Posted: 2009-10-11, 6:14 am

sunchildtine Power Kat
NOOO!

im not ready to say goodbye to this forum yet.

Pls dont go, IGNATZMICE!
Posted: 2009-10-11, 7:38 am

ams2008damPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Totaly gutted,i visit this site many times during one day my trips to the dam will never be as good without this site.

Very sad it has come to this.

Anyone wants to keep in touch you can pm your email.
Posted: 2009-10-11, 9:16 am

rambler
Just to say thank you and all the best. I'm very sad to see it close. I have found it incredibly good over the years. It's helped me have the best time and be a little freer. Go in peace
Posted: 2009-10-11, 9:34 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Lost for words TOTALLY !!

Use this site all the time, met some great people from it as well

Feel so sad that it will soon close.

Please keep in touch you hear ?

regards, and thank to axxxtw, mods,admins and everyone on here

Posted: 2009-10-11, 9:57 am

sunchildtine Power Kat
Dear Board Directors,

im sure there is something all members can do to keep this site afloat? no?
Posted: 2009-10-11, 10:06 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
agree with sun

would donations help axxxtw ?

more than willing to get my wallet out, it would be worth it imho

regards

Posted: 2009-10-11, 10:26 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
This is indeed sad but I understand how these things go and want to thank everyone who made this site possible for so long.

I'd like to offer a suggestion. There are a number of sites that allow the creation and use of free groups. It would be great if some of the moderators here would collaborate on creating an Ignatzmice-in-exile group we could all join. It might be a sorry substitute for this site, but it would be a way for folks here to keep in touch.

Posted: 2009-10-11, 1:52 pm

amsterman Power Kat
What a horrible thing to wake up to!!! :-( (ok, i got late with a hangover, LOL)

Really sad as everyone obviously is. I must admit, most of my choices for girls have been made on my own , so i didn't rely as heavily on the info as some, but what i will miss is the fantastic banter and humour many of us have shared. It's hard to find like-minded people when your hobby is as frowned upon as ours, and so meeting here has been a real priviledge and and pleasure.

And....i'm really gonna miss CC girl teasing us all :-(

And let's face it......without this site i would never have met Annie BJ. Although i only saw her twice before she left De Wallen, it was awesome meeting her.

Best wishes to all in the future.

I am just addicted to beautiful women ;-)....

And like to have lots of sex with them :-)
Posted: 2009-10-11, 2:46 pm

Thepacifist
The credit crunch bites =[

Never did I even comtemplate the notion that this site would disappear.. There's no where else on the net with trip reports and community like this... I'll have to save my trip reports in word now.

You never appreciate what you have til it's gone =[

R.I.P

Well, i'll be in Dam 2moro for my 21st so i'll get 1 last trip report in and knowing this news will make me embrace the trip even more so now. I'll miss hearing everyone's stories.

[ 53 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: