Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 3 of 3
 [ 53 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Ignatzmice is shutting down.
Posted: 2009-10-12, 1:21 pm

Secret Squirrel
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
Really sorry to hear this, but I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide to do in the future axxxtw. It was great to meet you once in the Emmelot, maybe we'll bump into each other in the 'dam some time again..

Regards
ss
Posted: 2009-10-12, 5:58 pm

ace
ahhhh man, this is just not right... can't you get nationilsed or something?
Posted: 2009-10-12, 6:47 pm

SVU18 Power Kat
This is terrible news... I have to take some of the blame here because I was one of many that used this site over the years and did not contribute. I guess we all take for granted things until they are gone. Well, it may be too late but I am in for a donation if it will help keep this up and running. Maybe if you break it down and see what you need on a monthly basis you might get enough of us to keep it running. The more of us willing to help the less it will cost per person. Having said that :

I want to thank you for creating a truly original place for us to go everyday. For a site like this one to last 14 years is a remarkable feat in its self. I have made friendships here and recieved help during my trips that I cannot even begin to put a value on. Thank you for many years of fun, laughter, and great advice. And if we can find a way to postpone the October 20th shutdown..I'm in.

Posted: 2009-10-12, 9:00 pm

Happymonday
The more I read the more I think surely something can be done, i'm sure there are lots of members willing to contribute but we need information. Is it beyond our reach to keep it going..

Smell of good earthy herbs makes my nerves shudder but where were you that cold December, cos we were in the Grasshopper spending guilders..Central Station, charged up like Scarface, Amsterdam ain't a nice place off your face
Posted: 2009-10-12, 9:04 pm

Full_MontySupporting Member
Supporting Member
Heavy heart... not fathomable to be without. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Yet I'm at the same time, so grateful for your (and your board's) contributions over the years. I can only hope that something changes between now and October 20. Like someone posted earlier... would this news not motivate us all to make an immediate new / and or additional contribution? if it mattered?

Regardless, my hearty thankyous for this most favorite site of mine.

Happy Trails,
Monty
Posted: 2009-10-12, 9:14 pm

Roland Power Kat
Hi axxxtw,

Sites come and go on a regular basis on the Internet.

Some are missed some are not.

In your case this site will be greatly missed. I have posted answers to peoples' querries over a long number of years and have met quite a few people off of the board.

I wish you well and thank you for your efforts and your time. You helped a lot of people.

I will never forget the posting of the son of one of our regulars after he had died. In my opinion one the most priceless moments I have had on all my time on the Internet. Thank you Gary.

Be well.

Regards, Roland
Posted: 2009-10-12, 9:28 pm

Ugur Guz
It is so sad to make my first post on a site as good and informative as this just days before it shuts down... I'm planning and researching for my 1st trip to Amsterdam and it's RLD and I have found here some really useful info. Sadly, I won't be able to share, since I will return home on the 22.10.2009. I will check back when I return, though, and should the owner(s) manage to find a way to keep this place alive, I will surely post my trip report/experience here (looking for some pre-op TSs).

Ugur Guz
Posted: 2009-10-13, 1:29 am

m02499
Sorry to hear about the site closing. Thank you for your efforts over the years in providing us this great forum on Amsterdam, one of my favorite cities in the world and not just because of the RLD. It has personally brought me hours of pleasure reading some of the reports. Many great posts by the regulars and the Zeze files in particularly were great reads and provided lots of laughs. Good luck with your future endeavors.
Posted: 2009-10-13, 10:53 am

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
This is very sad for all of us who have loved this site. But everything goes away eventually. Thanks to AXXXTW and the mods for maintaining such an amazing and unique place - you should all be very proud of your work! And of course thanks to everyone who contributed with posts that helped me get to know Amsterdam. It's been over 10 years since I had the pleasure of being here at Ignatz, first with the nic of Digg and ever since as Laszlo. Hope to be able to buy each of you a beer sometime. But not all at once please.
Posted: 2009-10-13, 2:47 pm

jacsmi
Thank you for the memories, It has been a pleasure to read this website and has given me many hours of happiness
especially reading the trip reports.
I never had enough cash to be able to donate as I have a mortgage etc but as said above 'You don't know what you've got til its gone'

In allignment with that statement, if it can be saved through donations, then I will certainly donate along with everyone else, i mean even if its only for a while longer, everyone would dig deep I'm sure.

Best of luck to all whatever you do.

Jack
Posted: 2009-10-13, 6:25 pm

Totti
A great shame indeed! I join the list of those quite devastated that this site will be no more. Congratulations to all who have contributed, and especially those who have created this site. What a great pleasure, and privilege it has been to experience it! Truly hope that in time to come ignatzmice.com will be reborn!!

With kindest thanks to all involved, Totti.
Posted: 2009-10-13, 9:19 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Just heard the sad news , I would just like to thank the people behind axxxtw/ignatzmice for all the hard work that has gone into making this a great board and thanks to all those that posted , lets hope that this is not the end .
Posted: 2009-10-14, 12:28 am

jgramos Moderator
Anyone reading this thread......READ THE ABOVE ONE.....it makes far better reading!!! :-)

Peace

[ 53 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: