Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
anyone read this book?
Posted: 2009-12-26, 10:41 pm

peter craig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Slave Girl (Paperback)
by Sarah Forsyth with Tim Tate (Author)

Noticed the above book on amazon...has anyone taken the time to read it...I'd like to hear an honest review of this "true story".

I found the following review on the bookstores site and thought -here we go again!

was shocked to discover that 70% of the prostitutes in Amsterdam's red light district are forced to work there by greedy gangsters. Sarah's voice needs to be heard so that tourists to that city know the misery that goes on behind those windows. The corrupt police should be named and shamed and a full investigation into the local government needs to be conducted so girls like Sarah shouldn't have to go through that ordeal ever again.
Re: anyone read this book?
Posted: 2009-12-27, 12:11 pm

danny69 Power Kat
Pete,

I've not read the book, but the woman was on a resume programme by the investigator Roger Cook, I think covering a variety of his cases. If you're from UK you've probably heard of him.

It was some time ago, so I won't post specific opinions in a public forum.

But I found myself questioning the credibility of some of her claims and felt Roger was unconvincing when it came to her story too.

I agree that the review you allude to is a "here we go again," bandwagon scenario.

I would rather give £5 to a charity for exploited women than a fund this author.
Re: anyone read this book?
Posted: 2009-12-28, 6:06 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slave-Girl-Sara ... =1-1-fkmr0

The above is from the amazon site , the reviews are at the bottom of the page . i would like to think that most girls are there on there own will , as it says 70% are there against there will.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: