Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
New UK limits for tobacco
Posted: 2011-10-04, 4:03 am

sandbear
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
From 1st Oct you are only allowed 1kg rolling baccy or 800 cigs . Bloody ridiculous ! . I always bring back 3 or 4 kg of Javaanse Jongens Tembaco which I can`t get here anyway . Grrr ! .
Re: New UK limits for tobacco
Posted: 2011-10-04, 8:55 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
where did you read/hear that ?
Shit, if this is the case, then im f*cked, as i always fill my holdall with 18 boxes of GV
wont be worth going to Ams if this is true !!
Bollox, until caught, im bringing the same amount back each trip, and plead naivity !
regards

Posted: 2011-10-04, 9:20 am

sandbear
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/arrivingeu.htm

looks like it is only a guideline and you are actually still allowed any amount , but are more likely to be questioned if you have more than the new limit .

I`m so fed up with all these new restrictions against smokers but at least the sterling/euro rate is better at the moment .
Re: New UK limits for tobacco
Posted: 2011-10-04, 4:25 pm

jgramos Moderator
Don't worry Greenhoff, they won't be able to stop you, as you buy for yourself. I think it'll become more of an issue for someone like me who smokes Marlboro Lights and Golden Virginia.....I'd have to explain one is for one use, the other is for another use!? lol!!

For those too lazy to read the above link:

"For excise goods such as alcohol and tobacco, there are no restrictions. However you must meet the conditions below:

•You transport the goods yourself.
•The goods are for your own use or as a gift. If the person you give the goods to pays you in any way (including reimbursing you for any expenses or payment in kind), then it's not a gift and the goods may be seized.
•The goods are duty and tax paid in the EU country where they were acquired.

If you don't meet these conditions, the goods (and any vehicle that transported them) may be seized."

So, simply, just say it's all for personal use.

Peace

[ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: