Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
where is ignatzmice based
Posted: 2005-09-06, 6:08 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
i was wondering were you are based , i get the feeling your american , but on the question of the maps there are people saying they will pay in person which whould mean your based in amsterdam ?????????????
Re: where is ignatzmice based
Posted: 2005-09-06, 6:18 pm

axxxtw Founder
amsterdam, of course. we're not american. our server is located in Vancouver, CA, it doesn't matter where a server is located---we go for the best deal, although we do keep a mirror of the site as backup in Amsterdam, it's never been used. (ignatzmice.nl)

btw: we have no intentions of running around town collecting money, either---although we appreciate the good intentions ;-) we do not disclose our location, or identities, to anyone, and with a few exceptions over the last 10 years, we have stuck to that practice. this allows us to operate freely.

we think that's a good idea for our members as well, especially if one is going to make reports here.

over the past 10 years many ladies have become aware of this board, we were the first to do this in this land, and at first many were not happy, or very uncomfortable with the idea. we believe we enjoy a good reputation with them---they have learned to trust those who participate on this site. many ladies, of course, even now, have little awareness of the internet, and if they did they have little interest, or time, to see what people think of them. like many people, they don't like to take their work home with them. also, because of the situation here, they feel they have no need to publicize themselves individually. and they don't. after all it's one of the few places in the world where they can operate openly and legally, and all they have to do to attract business is to show up and sit in their windows. this is one big reason why its been so very rare for any one of them to show up here and try to attract clients. occasionally someone does drop in, as a member sharing information, but it's rare.

Posted: 2005-09-06, 11:05 pm

PARAQUAT
I was hoping there might be a p.o.box or location for droping off a donation. It is the only way I can make a donation in my situation. If it's not possible then Thank You for all your hard work I really enjoy the opertunity to return to AMS by pushing a button.

Thanks,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-09-07, 2:40 am

newyork
axxx-- if you had a po box. you would likely receive double or triple the donations, as the current method.... amazon account or pay pal, are not very efficient -- providing little in the way of confirmation. not sure my money ever got to you....,. anyway, it continues to be a terrific site, and as long as you are happy, we are greatful for all your hard work. ny
Posted: 2005-09-07, 5:10 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I don't know if any of you have had the thrill of explaining two years worth of expenses to the IRS and the ex-wife's attorney. You never forget the experience, trust me.

Now I have a newfound love of cash transactions.

Please find a way for the paranoid among us to contribute.

Weasel

Posted: 2005-09-07, 2:37 pm

Rainer
I add my voice to those who wish that they could mail in a payment. I refuse to use on-line payment services because of previous negative experiences, and it sounds as if others agree.

Posted: 2005-09-07, 4:32 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
i contributed through amazon and i have to say i have dealt with amazon over several years and found them reliable,although a po box does seem a good idea.
Posted: 2005-09-07, 4:37 pm

newyork
amazon is great to buy a book or cd, but for a contribution, they don't confirm or provide proof. ny
Posted: 2005-09-07, 5:38 pm

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
amazon send a comfirmation e mail within 1 hour, orat least they did with me
Posted: 2005-09-08, 10:57 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Same here, no problems........................

Posted: 2005-09-12, 2:02 am

burgerbhoySupporting Member
Supporting Member
must admit i was happy to use amazon and did get a confirmation, it took longer for axxxtw to confirm, not to sure what the problem was, but i think it was amazon letting the site know a donation had been recieved.
Posted: 2005-09-12, 2:09 am

newyork
just donated again and amazon did confirm, and got a thank you from axx--- maybe it was just a fluke the first time. ny
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: