Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hash Question
Posted: 2005-10-28, 11:28 pm

gezellig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi

I got me a blim of Caramello back from The Dam last month. I was keeping it for either a dry spell or New Year's Eve - whichever comes first - but does the THC level drop with time? I imagine it's perishable in a way that food is and just had this argument with a mate. I reckon it's equivalent to storing a nutmeg, but was told it's more akin to a piece of fruit. Probably somewhere in between, but anyone know for sure how long it keeps 'fresh'?

Cheers
G~
Re: Hash Question
Posted: 2005-10-28, 11:58 pm

PARAQUAT
Hi Gezellig,

I found your question interesting so I did some searching on line and I can't say that I found much info. I have always kept my buds in a cool dry place but I would think with Hash you could even refrigerate it since there is no worry about the fegatative nature like that with the buds. I would keep it well sealed so it doesn't pick up any flavors from the other items in your fridge. I will be making a new batch of bubble hash soon and will stick some aside in the fridge and see what I can find out.

I have never had the problem of hash having to stay fresh because I always smoke it before that date arrives. But just to help you out if you want to send it to me I will keep it for a year then smoke it and report back on the results. I'm all about helping :-)

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-10-29, 6:09 am

420 Power Kat
Hey GZ,

I have kept various samples of Hash for extended periods of time (4-6 months) and have never noticed any detectable difference in the strength. In fact, I have some Black hash from last year that still kicks my ass.

One thing in your favor,, you live pretty close to amsterdam so your never to far away from a fresh batch!

N-joy

Posted: 2005-10-29, 4:37 pm

gezellig
Cheers fellas.

Haven't smoked hash for a couple of years - British resin being so adulterated it's just the kids that smoke it - so I'm gonna hang onto it for that special occasion.

Rgds
G~
Posted: 2005-11-01, 6:29 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2005-11-01, 8:40 pm

Rainer
I have found that if you store it in a freezer there is no noticeable loss of potency.

Posted: 2005-11-02, 12:23 am

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Freezer is correct! Store it in a zip lock bag with as little air as possible inside the bag. You'll be surprised how well this works!!

Posted: 2005-11-02, 4:55 pm

Rainer
I 'd also put in in tupperware, or some sort of air-tight container. I once had some stuff in the freezer and forgot about it. I found it two years later and it was still as fresh and as good as the day I purchased it.

Posted: 2005-11-03, 12:23 am

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
>>I once had some stuff in the freezer and forgot about it. I found it two years later and it was still as fresh and as good as the day I purchased it.<<

That's the great benefit of short term memory loss brought on by cannabis use. You're bound to have the occasional pleasant surprise... Now if I could just have one of those "acid flashbacks" that the government tried to scare us with back in the 60's. :-)
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: