Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 33 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: This just in...from the Grey Area.
Posted: 2005-12-15, 7:46 am

Joecaddy
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Some may find the truth hard to accept and call it trash talk, however it only appears to affect those personally who find the truth hard to swallow, or in this case hard to inhale : ) As the boys from US continually enter the "vaunted Cup" for a reason, many should especially find it interesting to see that the Grey Area's last bud recognition was noted as a sloppy 3rd in the cup, 1998. To put this in laymen's terms, Mohamed Ali used to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, Iron Mike Tyson used to rule the ring, that was then and this is now, as new fighters emerge judges cast their votes those guys do not wear the crown today.

"Still say they have some good weed" well not exactly from a true connoisseur's point of view and thankfully today we have other options than trading at grandmas weed patch.

Lang Leve Nederlands!

Joecaddy.....
Posted: 2005-12-15, 5:49 pm

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Anybody can say or think what they want. Beauty is in the eye of the smoker here, so who gives a hoot about whether or not a given coffeeshop was voted as prize-worthy by a bunch of American jerk-know-it-alls who think they are god's gift to smoking. The so-called Cup, in my opinion, is a fucking joke! I always try to avoid Amsterdam during that week for good reasons...

Anyway, here is the point: The Grey area has some great smoke, pure and simple. And for my money the Kif/Grey Mist Crystals (that wierd powder the colour of dried pea-soup) is one of the finest smoking materials in Amsterdam. I recently gave it my coveted "Best Smoke for FKKing" award...But of course that is just my own personal opinion...

ST
Posted: 2005-12-15, 5:57 pm

attymn
Luther,
Over 9 weeks in the Dam - I'm extremely jealous!
Posted: 2005-12-15, 6:32 pm

Joecaddy
"The so-called Cup, in my opinion, is a fucking joke!" well the "American jerk-know-it-alls who think they are god's gift to smoking" seem to enter this local event year after year for a reason... So they can claim to be voted as prize-worthy.

"I recently gave it my coveted "Best Smoke for FKKing" award...But of course that is just my own personal opinion..." Thankfully the Grey Area enters the cup so to prove who can produce.

Lang Leve Nederlands!

Joecaddy.....
Posted: 2005-12-15, 10:53 pm

Luther Head
Please, someone, anyone, shoot me for starting this thread!
Everybody get a hold of themselves, smoking in Amsterdam is about chilling and getting in a better frame of mind, and doing what you want to do, with whom you want to do it, when you want to do it and where you want to do it. Let's relax and get down to it....

PS -- And one other thing: Joecaddy's grandma wears old army boots!
Posted: 2005-12-15, 11:06 pm

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
True Luther if people want to get in a silly pissing match, they should do it in the right place. That place of course is the Channels message board.

Mojo
Posted: 2005-12-16, 12:43 am

space doubt
Awards are useless to the individual, smoking is such a subjective experience that the chances are the award winners won't be your most enjoyable smoke over there, only a fool would think the cup winners are best for them.

Now can someone please tell me if grey area are still closed on Mondays? I want to smoke some losers weed!!!
Posted: 2005-12-16, 1:17 am

amsterdamfan
yes closed on Mondays
Posted: 2005-12-16, 4:06 am

Joecaddy
To all who have read this prior thread, my post was not originally slam anyone personally, I may have referenced a quote or two in the heat of the topic however as we all have mutual desires and interests, please accept my apology if anything was in negative fashion. Luther Head, lets twist up a big fatty and toke when I return, in fact just like the song says - lets smoke two joints, and than smoke two more : )

Lang Leve Nederlands!

Joecaddy.....
Posted: 2005-12-16, 7:22 am

Luther Head
Now that's what I'm talking about! Joe, we'll get it done next time you're in town.
Tot ziens!
Posted: 2005-12-19, 3:48 pm

nolan1000
Nobodys to take this personally but JoeCaddy speaks the truth. The cup is a about self promotion and cash generation. In 20 years of visiting A'dam I have never been overly impressed by the weed (or service :-)) in Grey Area. On the contrary, I have usually been highly disappointed!

Calling yourself a stud, don't make you one!
Posted: 2005-12-20, 1:19 pm

withnail Power Kat
just for your info the grey area IS now open on mondays, has been for weeks and weeks (though they closed this monday just gone due to staff holidays).

the counter service is 100% improved over the past 12 months with the introduction of maartijn, the ex-greenhouse guy. a very sound bloke indeed and resident at the bar 90% of the time now it seems.

the current weed is superb, in my opinion (though obviously im not a 'connoisseur' like some here). i can only speak as i find and i regularly buy from the guys now and have never been let down. i have zero interest in the cannabis cup so care little who votes for what etc. i dont know why they continue to enter - i get the impression its simply for a fun few days rather than a serious contest.

i have had my issues with some of the service here in the past but credit where its due - they've sorted this out and everything is happy in the house again. i shall certainly call in for some J1 later today :-)

regards from amsterdam

withnail
Posted: 2005-12-20, 2:04 pm

luther vandross
...and to think I didn't know what I was going to do today. See you there!

[ 33 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: