Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 19 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
new barneys coffee shop
Posted: 2005-11-10, 6:37 pm

withnail Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
i dont think anybody has mentioned the new location for barneys which opened within the past fortnight. they have taken on the premises vacated by coffee shop jamaica on reguliersgracht and have opened a really nice looking spot. unfortunately the weed prices are pretty astronomical with over half the weed menu seemingly 10 euros or more. that said, the great white shark i picked up for 7 was beautiful so im sticking with that. friendly vibe in there and a top location. think i shall stop by there this evening in fact.

doog!

withnail
Re: new barneys coffee shop
Posted: 2005-11-10, 8:16 pm

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
So did they vacate the other shop or are they now in two seperate locations ??
Posted: 2005-11-10, 9:11 pm

Mango Haze
I thought it was not possible to open up new coffeeshops or reopen after you have lost your license.

Posted: 2005-11-10, 10:59 pm

akaufman16
Yeah, I thought transfer of license was not allowed? Any clarification?

Barney's is advertising in the US in High Times, promoting both locations.
Posted: 2005-11-10, 11:45 pm

iloveamsterdam
think they are both coffeshops and they also have a bistro..did anyone prefer barney in the old days?..don't know if they had new ownership but the vibe definatly changed in the original one.
Posted: 2005-11-11, 9:37 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Forgot to ask, is the new location the same format- serving breakfast and lunch ??
Posted: 2005-11-12, 12:41 am

JohnnyGuilder
I was there for breakfast last weekend. it was a very nice place and yes the weed and the rubble hash was expensive. The dealer was friendly, comfortable atmosphere. there is another Barneys on the corner.
Posted: 2005-11-12, 12:54 am

eddie69
The Barney's on the corner next to the origional Barneys has a no pot smoking policy now. They freaked me out when I tried to light up.Barneys is a cool novelty but let's face it you can get better food and weed elsewhere Ed
Posted: 2005-11-21, 5:58 pm

withnail Power Kat
does anybody have any insight into why the new barneys shop appears to be closed temporarily? i called by there on saturday night and again this afternoon to find the place all closed up. curious...

regards from amsterdam

withnail
Posted: 2005-11-22, 1:16 am

akaufman16
I'm tellin' you, my guess is they are in a bit of hot water due to the transfer of license.

Derry was already being watched due to smoking in the brasserie.

I'm curious to hear the reason
Posted: 2005-11-30, 11:41 pm

withnail Power Kat
heard tonight that they will be shut for the forseeable future. seems its quite a talking point around and about but i still cant enlighten you all to the exact reason for the closure. i would suspect that the license thing will turn out to be the issue. on the positive side, i gather they did pretty well as a shop at last weeks cannabis cup.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2005-12-01, 1:45 am

curiious
Well it's a shame when anybody closes their doors, isn't it? And I liked that Barneys was open early, for those already out and ready to eat breakfast at 7am. But they did charge too much for everything, from breakfast to their coffeeshop. Still, it's quite a shock to see a place making so much money being forced to close, like hearing the bulldog had lost their license (they didn't, just saying.)
Barneys was one of the first places I went to so I used to go there all the time but a year or two ago I never had any problems smoking with my breakfast in the cafe on the corner.

So why did they close? Was it because they tried to expand? Other places have expanded, I mean, there have to be at least half a dozen bulldog locations, right?
Posted: 2005-12-01, 1:52 am

iloveamsterdam
are all the barneys shops closed?..
shit,i wanted to get some laughing budda next week..
Posted: 2005-12-01, 9:27 am

withnail Power Kat
read the whole thread! im talking about the new barneys shop which was at reguliersgracht in the premises of the old coffee shop jamaica. i assume the other shops are still open but i have to say i never buy there (my lottery numbers never came up yet).

withnail
Posted: 2005-12-20, 1:25 pm

withnail Power Kat
the barneys shop at reguliersgracht is back open again.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2005-12-20, 2:06 pm

luther vandross
Wow...my dance card's beginning to fill for this afternoon!

Posted: 2005-12-20, 3:28 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Go Luth go.
When do you study?
Posted: 2005-12-20, 10:59 pm

Luther Head
We're on a bit of a break right now, so I've gone into loose cannon mode with the smoke...right now I'm the Tom Joad of the Stoner Set: where ever there's a guy buying a 50 euro bag of Willie Nelson, I'll be there... where ever there's a 15 euro special on the Hindu Kush, I'll be there. By golly, when it comes to smokin', I'm on fire. This week I'm on a bender and I'm bending for all of you that can't be here right now but wish you were. You'll all have your day in AD again, no doubt of that, but for today, I got all of your backs. I'm living the dream folks and I don't mean that in a gloating way. Tonight we are all smoking in Amsterdam, no matter where we might be on this imperfect blue ball.

I wish all of you peace!
Posted: 2005-12-20, 11:52 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I got some insight into what being a student in Amsterdam meant when my wife and I met up with Luther for the first time in October. We met at Siberie. We exchanged greetings, got some coffee and began smoking. Luther said, "I've been meaning to come here. This place is nice and bright. I could really study here." You're a man with an iron will Luther. If I "had to" study at Siberie I'd still be in high school and I'm 55.
 [ 19 posts ] 

Jump to: