Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
weed help
Posted: 2009-07-25, 4:36 pm

amsterdam_ranger
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
just like to say hi to everyone first as i'm new here and as i may be going to Amsterdam next year with friends and i really want to try the weed their not sure about the girls but theres no point leaving with regret that i didn't try them :) anyways the main point can you buy already made joints at coffeshops as i have no clue what to do if its not prepared so info on what to do or answer to my question would be helpful p.s i have smoked joints before but my friend made them beforehand.

help would be appreciated

thanks liam.

Posted: 2009-07-25, 5:03 pm

digital_poet
Yes you can. You will have no problem finding pre-rolled joints of many different varieties in any of the coffeeshops. Most sell them in funky little plastic cigar tube things, some in packets, but I cannot remember ever going into a coffeeshop where there was no 'pre-rolled' option.

*edit* Of course, the above assumes you are over 18, or at least that you will be by the time of your trip.
Re: weed help
Posted: 2009-07-25, 6:32 pm

jstang
Just be careful. If you are not a regular smoker, the stuff there will knock you on your ass. Make sure you have someone to get you to your hotel. Tell the budtender your experience level and they will point you in the right direction.
Posted: 2009-07-25, 7:18 pm

amsterdam_ranger
Thanks for the good advice guys and i will probably end up on my ass :) but i will be 18 when i go but can you buy the weed and return to the hotel to smoke it as this would probably be safer for me and my friends. Again thanks for the help Liam.

Posted: 2009-07-25, 7:29 pm

aldo
Just be careful not to smoke near the fire alarm:)
Posted: 2009-07-25, 7:41 pm

amsterdam_ranger
Thanks for all the help guys

Posted: 2009-07-25, 7:49 pm

digital_poet
That would depend on the hotel. Many do not allow smoking of any kind inside the rooms, so if you haven't booked yet I would suggest trying to find a hotel that either allows smoking in the room or has a balcony. I usually rent an apartment on my trips, and if there are enough of you that might make more sense for you as well. You might have to do a bit of shopping around to find an apartment that allows smoking, allows groups of young men and is reasonably priced, but you have time to look. If the apartment or hotel has a balcony or terrace you can probaby safely assume that it is ok to smoke a joint there as long as you don't cause problems for the other guests/neighbors.

You are right to think this way though. You will be much better off by at least having your first smoke of the trip somewhere that is more private and close to somewhere that you can just sit and let it pass if it doesn't agree with you. To some people, getting 'put on your arse' by booze can be considered fun, I used to do quite a bit of binge drinking when I was 18 (which wasn't *that* long ago!), but being 'put on your arse' by weed is pretty universally not fun, especially in uncomfortable or unfamiler surroundings. If you walk past enough coffeeshops you will eventually see somebody who have gone too far (they will be the ones that are looking *very* pale), you should get an immediate appreciatation by seeing how much 'fun' they are having.

Having said all that, a nice little buzz is a great thing, and I don't want to put you off. I love a little smoke myself, it is just very important to leave the macho bullshit at the door when it comes to weed. You, or some of your friends might have a lower threshold for it than other people in your group, unless you want to spend the rest of the night being babysat, or babysitting someone who is freaking out, it is best to let each person find their own level of tolerance. Some of you might be able to smoke down several joints on their own and be fine, others might have a few puffs and feel uncomfortable, and there is really isn't any way to predict. Even if you are used to smoking in the UK, be careful in Amsterdam, the strength difference can be considerable!

The thing to bear in mind is that weed is only considered a 'minor' drug because it is not largely addictive, and it is practically impossible to overdose. Even people that have gone *waaay* over the top, will tend to come out the otherside intact. It is not necessarily 'minor' in its effect, which varies from person to person.

The ladies however, are quite addictive, but in the best way possible..... :o)

Have fun.
Posted: 2009-07-25, 8:15 pm

amsterdam_ranger
Thanks digital poet i totally understand what you are talking about as once it happened to one of my friends not a nice experience for either of us :( but i like your joke about the girls xD and you have been a great help thanks

Posted: 2009-07-25, 8:20 pm

digital_poet
No worries!

Actually I really envy you quite a lot. I am over 10 years older than you now but there is very little that I wouldn't give to go back 10 years and be planning a trip to Amsterdam with all my mates! Especially just after turning 18!

You are going to have a blast! You are a lucky fella :o)
Posted: 2009-07-25, 8:37 pm

amsterdam_ranger
Haha thanks your a really good guy and have helped me loads and ive just joined this site and youre the type of friendly guy who keeps me using this site :)

Posted: 2009-07-25, 8:47 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Be forewarned that some pre-rolled joints are mixed with tobacco and some are pure marijuana. The former aren't considered to be sneaky or a rip-off or anything. They're quite upfront about it, and it's just a matter of taste.

I can't stand tobacco, but some people like the blend. Just be sure you know what you are getting.

Also there are headshops where you can buy a cheap (5 Euro?) little wooden pipe. If you end up smoking more than a joint or two it will pay for itself because you can then buy loose pot (cheaper) and smoke it more efficiently.
Posted: 2009-07-25, 9:07 pm

amsterdam_ranger
Wow thanks i didnt know about the pipes or the tabacco and im with you tabacco is horrid. Thanks liam.

Posted: 2009-07-25, 9:08 pm

amsterdam_ranger
Wow thanks i didnt know about the pipes or the tabacco and im with you tabacco is horrid. Thanks liam.

Posted: 2009-07-28, 10:06 pm

MagooTooSupporting Member
Supporting Member
On a recent stopover, I went in a headshop.

I told the pretty girl behind the counter that I just wanted a cheap pipe that I could throw away
(I meant, as opposed to a big or expensive one that would maybe suit a local resident).

She helpfully told me I could throw away ANY of their pipes.

[ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: