Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Police Raid triggers Smoke Frenzy @ Cannabis Cup 2011 Amsterdam
Posted: 2011-12-31, 10:38 pm

peter craig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e59_1323376987
Re: Police Raid triggers Smoke Frenzy @ Cannabis Cup 2011 Amsterdam
Posted: 2012-01-01, 3:28 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
So, as far as I can tell, the police showed up and announced that people would be searched upon exiting the venue (where in Amsterdam was this?), at which point the smokers attempted to dispose of their weed in excess of 5g apiece by smoking it. The video (14 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!) consisted of a group of clearly unemployable idiots (seriously... these types are *not* good ambassadors for smokers) trying to stuff as many grams of poorly broken up weed as possible into an oversized "cone" that wouldn't stay lit. Thrilling!

Hope I've provided a decent enough synopsis to prevent at least a few other folks from wasting their time on this. I wouldn't wish my job on anyone. :-)

Happy New Year!

Posted: 2012-01-01, 11:50 am

Cobblestoned
BlutoBlutarsky wrote:
So, as far as I can tell, the police showed up and announced that people would be searched upon exiting the venue (where in Amsterdam was this?), at which point the smokers attempted to dispose of their weed in excess of 5g apiece by smoking it. The video (14 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!) consisted of a group of clearly unemployable idiots (seriously... these types are *not* good ambassadors for smokers) trying to stuff as many grams of poorly broken up weed as possible into an oversized "cone" that wouldn't stay lit. Thrilling!

Hope I've provided a decent enough synopsis to prevent at least a few other folks from wasting their time on this. I wouldn't wish my job on anyone. :-)

Happy New Year!

don't think that video was posted for entertainment, more about info.
nice of you to stereotype everyone in the video, (yes the guy who is talking through it is annoying and a stereotypical stoner), but there are a couple of guys in that video that are quite successful business men. check out this CNN Money article on one of them in the video http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/22/smallbu ... /index.htm

what actually happened was the Cannabis Cup got raided for the first time in their 24 year history. High Times had moved venues this year to a larger convention center, but it is in Duivendrecht, not Amsterdam where it has previously been. High Times missed a meeting before the cup with city and police officials. the police sent in under cover the day before and noted a few things that were not within the rules that venders were supposed to follow so the next day they arrived en masse, stationed two officers in front of every booth and every emergency exit, they then told everybody to leave, but only through one door in the entire facility, where they were searching everybody and you could not leave with anything, not even the usual 5 grams allowed, nothing. that created the environment where everybody started smoking everything they could. the police at this time also let people smoke cigarettes (which before the raid, you had to go outside to smoke tobacco) it was very smokey in there with no fire exits, no water, no bathrooms. it took abut an hour to get everybody out. they also confiscated all of the weed in the vendor booths that was being given out as free samples, bong hits, etc.. for judges of the cup. This was the best buds, grown with love and saved over the last 6 months just for this occasion and they all went to the police, that was the real tragedy.
Re: Police Raid triggers Smoke Frenzy @ Cannabis Cup 2011 Amsterdam
Posted: 2012-01-01, 1:44 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying what was going on. I don't follow the cannabis cup since I don't consider it a legitimate contest.

Yes, I was really mostly responding to the annoying guy talking throughout the video, you're right about that. I tend to stereotype more when I'm drinking... sorry 'bout that. :-) But most of my friends smoke and don't behave like that idiot so whatever... that guy deserves ridicule. I was also a little annoyed at sitting through a pointless (for me) 14 minute video... I kept waiting for the good part! Guy could have at least edited it down... shit.

I'm reading the article you linked... it's interesting. Thanks.

[ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: