Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Cookies, Cakes: Recommendations
Posted: 2012-04-26, 12:54 pm

Gandax
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi All,
I haven't been on here for a while, visits to my favourite city now unfortunately only every couple of years.
Can anyone recommend a location to buy what I term 'spacecakes or cookies'? I don't smoke much these days and I'll be visiting with the missus next month and she doesn't smoke at all. We'd like to try some weed though and cookies instead seems a good option. Any guidance on strength would be helpful too, I'm OK with anything but don't want herself too out of it.
Many thanks,
G
Re: Cookies, Cakes: Recommendations
Posted: 2012-04-26, 4:33 pm

balou1999_75962
Paradox gets my vote for spacecakes and weed. The cakes are strong, so you probably shouldn't eat a whole one to start. Remember to wait at least an hour for the affects to kick in before eating the rest. They also have a vaporizer, which if you haven't tried is a must.
Rusland also had spaceshakes on previous visits off menu.

Peace
Posted: 2012-04-27, 1:14 am

Gandax
Thanks Balou,
Much appreciated. Vap sounds interesting.
Anywhere else for cakes or are they pretty much available in most coffeeshops?
GG
Posted: 2012-04-27, 4:40 pm

balou1999_75962
They are available in most shops, Paradox just has the best IMO. Other notable shops are Basjoe, Kadinsky, Prix di Ami, Resin and Abraxas. You have seen this website, eh? http://www.coffeeshopdirect.com This one doesn't get around as much, but is great for a little virtual shopping. http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org
Posted: 2012-04-28, 8:39 am

expatsam
Greetings!

If you're not smokers, you might consider a vaporizer a better option than eating.

A vapor-bag is usually pretty easy for someone who doesn't smoke to handle, and the effects will come on within minutes, so you can decide straightaway if you want another inhale or not. My wife, for example, finds that just about anything eaten is too much for her, while just one or two little hits off a pipe or a vap sets her up nicely. She's pretty much sworn off edibles after getting in over her head more than once.

Reiterating the advice of others, eating comes on slow, in my experience anywhere from one to two hours, depending on what you've already eaten, your rate of digestion, time of day, etc. I also find that the same batch of edibles can have stronger or weaker effects depending on the day, further complicating the matter. I do a lot of home cooking, and am careful to weigh and regulate doses, but the 'same' cookie can work differently on different days, at least for me. There's a funny story there about one afternoon at work when I had a meeting with my boss...well I guess it's funny now, but at the time I was somewhat discomfited. The point is that I had already sampled the batch and thought I knew what I was in for, I thought I had timed it to be coming on just as I was leaving work, and then BLAMMO I'm near tripping out in my meeting. Heh.

Hope that helps! Have fun!

expatsam
Posted: 2012-04-28, 5:21 pm

Gandax
Thanks again Balou and to you expatsam. Definitely wanna try the vaporiser option now, and decide later on spacecakes.
G
Posted: 2012-04-29, 7:44 am

officematt2002
Good one, expatsam!

I was in AMS at 2 points over the past 3 weeks and on my first jaunt I went to Abraxas for a space cake (mind you never had one before) and ate the whole thing for breakfast. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I kind of expected more, but basically had a good body buzz that was complimented by extra joints, a bit of booze and a great sense of comfort. Unfortunately it was a performance hindrance in the RLD. But everything worked out in the end.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: