Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
WEED REPORT De Pijp December 2022
Posted: 2022-12-17, 6:07 pm

nyc diesel
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
The joke now in my THC-drenched Dominican hood in NYC is that people from Amsterdam are coming to the US to get good weed. I actually wasn't aware Cali was a thing in Amsterdam. However, we don't have coffee shops or legal dispensaries yet and the fucking police---who should all rot in hell---are starting the anti-cannabis raids and seizing weed and closing shops. I'm heading out later today to stock up on California weed and oils before the inevitable bust comes. (One store I frequent will sell me 7gs of California 27% strains and three decent prerolls ((1.25 grams each at 17% THC)) for about 70 euros. One can also buy oils at 97% THC for 55 euros/2.5 grams, which are disposable and rechargeable. But I digress. The state of weed and hash in De Pijp is good, and I'm so fucking tired of having to leave my bud and accessories behind after every trip. But that's the world we endure in, and most of humanity seems happy taking authority up their asses without a lubricant.

BLUE SEA

Remodeled a few years before the plague, this small neighborhood coffee shop, near my hotel, was my first stop for basics when I arrived. I didn't smoke on premises, but it's a low-key place with a calm lounge. For a base, I bought .6 grams of White Widow to enhance what would be my primary go-to for the entire week, an exceptional and generous 1.2 grams of Gellato Hash for a mere 10 euros. It might be the beast deal in town. Fresh, dark, creamy, chocolate-colored, and potent, I left almost a third of the chunk behind in the hotel, which shows how nice the quality is. The budtender---who I remembered from previous visits but who did not remember me---threw me a pack of free papers as I was leaving.

CARMONA

A very modern, clean, friendly shop owned by a nice gent, Ruba. 300 meters from my hotel. Great selection, a tad pricey, and one has to purchase weed to enter the nice lounge, which is roomy and plays decent techno. On my first visit, I decided to experiment with a Dutch-grown Cali, Bacio Gelato, at 15 euros per gram. It was probably about 21% THC and had a welcome effect. I visited again the following night and already being smothered in product I'd never finish, I just invested 8 euros on a Hash PlantPure Pre-Roll, which knocked me on my ass after a few tokes. I had Cappuccinos there twice for 3.5 and they were good.

KATSU

A km away from my hotel, I hit this famous place---finally---on a World Cup night and the place was mobbed with Saturday Night tourists and not at all interested in millionaires kicking balls for the pleasure of billionaire totalitarians, as the HDTVs just rolled music videos. Music was mellow and reggae based. The budtender was a friendly young Dutch guy who was happy to talk and give advice. In fact, the whole place was friendly. It even made me---a bitter old sod---feel friendly. When you have no friends about, that's really cool. I picked up a gram of impressive NL Silver Pearl 21% at 10 euros. A bottle of OJ is 3 euros---I wish they had fresh OJ. All in all, with the retro decor and creative set-up, I enjoyed the 1990s feel. I would have been there nightly if the city wasn't so brutally cold.

I forgot the name, but on Van Woestraat, a few blocks north of Centuribaan, is a very friendly head shop where you can get cheap paraphernalia and good talk. The Dutch owner is an honest lover of weed culture and has traveled quite a bit. I'm sorry I never caught his name or asked for a business card.

I came. I saw. I endured. I even enjoyed. But at 63, I so pissed the fucking totalitarians and authoritarians will forever be at the gate . . .
Re: WEED REPORT De Pijp December 2022
Posted: 2023-03-20, 9:22 am

Grassleaf
Man, I sympathize. Last year I sat in two very civilized stoner clubs in Spain, not to mention enjoying days out with a space brownie, and realized once again how relaxing it really is to be able to get stoned and not be paranoid that the long arm of LE is going to come down on your shoulder for your choice of intoxicant.

Here in the UK we're still stuck in the dark ages even as prohibition crumbles all around us in Europe and North and Latin America for things like weed and (some) other drugs; the fuck nuggets currently in charge certainly won't and the leader of the opposition used to be the chief prosecutor, so he's preemptively ruled out any changes if he gets elected. That might change with time, but as of right now we're looking at elections in 2025, so it is going to be a long wait.

Hopefully going to the 'Dam in end-May with friends, so window-shopping is probably out (if you know what I mean) but I plan to cram in as much legal weed and truffles as I possibly can!
Posted: 2023-04-06, 11:48 pm

nyc diesel
NYC is weed heaven now. I hope they never do licenses---the stores that are selling w/o ones are incredibly cheap. The $250K needed to buy a certificate to sell will make everyone hit the streets again. I'm buying 2.5 grams of 98% THC oils for $65!!!

The UK was on my "to visit" list this year, but cannabis prohibition, the high prices of London hotels, and the crackdowns of working girls that I've followed on this site has made it not a destination to pursue. So, I will be UK-less for the 29th straight year. It's a shame---I once visited an apartment in Kensington and had the most beautiful English Rose in a luxury apartment for a very reasonable price. I had no idea I had to tip the maid a few shillings. ;-)

I've decided to only travel to countries or US states that have fully legalized cannabis. To not have legal cannabis means you're living in a fully authoritarian shit hole. The US is an authoritarian shit hole in regards to legalizing prostitution.

Germany, when it formally legalizes cannabis soon, may become a destination. It offers both of my favorite pastimes.

I'm done with Amsterdam and Park 118. I may be game to hit the Hague for a few days this autumn, hit Diane's Secret twice, and then pack some Dutch weed and head by rail down to either Antwerp, Brussels, or Bruges to check out their private houses or outcall. I'm budget-minded---I hate to spend even 200 euros for 60 minutes that includes some extras.

Any suggestions on where to stay in the Hague and what private houses are best is appreciated. Same for any Belgian city.
Posted: 2023-04-16, 11:39 pm

paolo2
nyc diesel wrote:
NYC is weed heaven now. I hope they never do licenses---the stores that are selling w/o ones are incredibly cheap. The $250K needed to buy a certificate to sell will make everyone hit the streets again. I'm buying 2.5 grams of 98% THC oils for $65!!!

I recently was delighted to see a large black van in the parking lot of our local Walmart with "MOBILE CANNABIS DISPENSARY" and "CANNABUS" painted on it in big letters; one side had a service window. Stopping by, I bought a vial of tincture from the personable young man inside. Just like getting ice cream from the ice cream truck! Haven't seen him lately though- either the store management or the police probably told him to move on.

All praise to the unlicensed entrepreneurs in NYC (and elsewhere in the state) who are heroically meeting the needs of the recreational cannabis market. The politicians, bureaucrats, and federal judge Gary L. Sharpe have succeeded in frustrating the NYS citizenry by slow rolling the availability of weed from licensed retail establishments. Only a relative handful are in actual operation (three in NYC, two upstate)- what a fiasco. This article summarizes the history of this bullshit-
https://www.syracuse.com/behind-the-new ... ditor.html

Instead of trying to move matters along, Gov. Hochul is now introducing legislation to shut down "illegal" shops and impose fines of $200,000. How asinine.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: