Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
pot smoking advice???
Posted: 2005-11-06, 10:54 pm

atcnutmeg
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
ive been to the dam a few times both with my wife and with friends but never tried cannabis!
ive wanted to over there but have no idea how to go about it in the bars in the centre??
do you need to take your own tobacco and papers etc... or can u buy ready rolled??
how much is it in what quantities and whats good stuff??
i really sound sad i know but id rather my fears put to rest and not make a fool of myself once there!
can anyone recommend anywhere "starter friendly" in the centre?
thanx
al
Re: pot smoking advice???
Posted: 2005-11-06, 11:10 pm

leidseplein
Try De Kuil (also known a 420). The dealers there know their stuff and are usually pretty friendly. Siberie on Brouwersgracht is a very laid back place with a good selection. I'm not certain that the dealers there know quite as much about their wares as the folks at De Kuil. The weed in Amsterdam is almost uniformly good. The problem for a beginner is that it may be too good. Talk to the dealers, let them know you're not experienced and they'll start you out with something that will get you high, but won't have you talking to God. After you've gotten your feet wet, so to speak, you can move on from there. (As Bob Dylan said, "I started out on Bugundy but soon hit the harder stuff") All shops have papers available, or you can bring your own. If you want to mix it with tobacco, you will, in most cases, neeed your own. You can buy pre-rolled joints but you'll have a smaller selection than you will if you roll your own. All new experiences can be intimidating but going to a coffeshop is very similar to going into a local bar, except the people are quieter and I've never seen a fight break out. You've really picked a good forum to have any cannabis questions answered so feel free to ask. Have fun.
Posted: 2005-11-06, 11:21 pm

atcnutmeg
obviously my rollin skills are non existent! so ready made might be the choice, what kinda prices am i lookin at and for how much/ how many joints,
cheers
Posted: 2005-11-07, 12:22 am

catseyesguy
I bought a ready-rolled joint for 3.50Euro. It was called "White Widow". which was recommended when I told them I haven't had a smoke for 20 years - it's supposedly light, but it hit me hard. I think I was inhaling too hard and fast. It was nearly closing time, so I hurried it. Silly me. I tried pot a few times as a teenager - just gave me a head-spin and I felt sick.. Unfortunately, same happened this time. I had to use all my self-control to stop from throwing up in cab. Obviously not for me. I'll have to stick to Heineken to get my Hei. ;)
Posted: 2005-11-07, 1:30 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have crawled out of both DeKuil/420 and Siberie many times, and recommend both, but for many reasons, I think you will be more comfortable at DeKuil/420. It is set up like a pub with a nice bar, and pool in the back. The dealer stands at the end of the bar farthest from the door. Usually busy, but not packed. The guys at the dealers counter have always been very friendly, and love to talk about the weed.
I would buy a gram of any sativa strain they recommend. Sativas generally affect the head more than the body. Avoid indica strains or hash unless you plan to sleep for a few hours. Expect to pay 7-11 Euro, and ask anyone sitting by to give you a hand rolling it up (you don't have to get the whole gram into one joint, although I have seen it done!). I have never seen a stoner refuse a request to roll. Some guys are quite proud of their skill. Buying pre-rolled you don't know what you are getting.
For first timers, I would not mix with tobacco. The tobacco mix always makes me inhale deeper, and hits harder and faster. All weed joints sneak up on you, but the high lasts longer. I would also recommend doing this during daytime, and going for a nice walk while stoned. It gives you a chance to giggle and stare without making a scene. Pick up some pastries, chocolates, or a nice sandwich, and your stoner afternoon is complete. In no time, you will be sitting with me at the front table with a 5g baggie and the vaporizer! Enjoy!

Weasel

Posted: 2005-11-07, 9:52 am

freakpa
Here are a few ideas that will make your life much easier. I agree to get sativa instead of indica. Something named Haze is usually Sativa.

1. Go straight to the BABA GIFTSHOP (not the coffeeshop). It's about 30m from the coffeeshop. Go buy a cheap pipe for 6 euros. Buy a good lighter as well. That way you don't have to worry about dealing with joints, rolling, having leftovers, etc.

2. Go to Amnesia, tell the guy that you want to try the Volcano for your first time smoking ever. They have excellent greenery. The Amnesia Haze is their best IMHO. Ask to borrow his grinder and ask for help with the machine. They let you use it free if you buy stuff there - like coffee or tea and herb. If you like it you can stay. If not you're out the cost of the herb and a coffee.

3. Go to Abraxas and order a hash brownie. Eat it and wait 45 mins to an hour. Cost 4e. Ask them for advice.

4. Find any coffeeshop that has bongs available. They'll usually loan them to you as long as you are consuming their beverages.

5. Head to the Dolphins. Pick up a g of White Dolphin for 10e. They have three strange and cool glass vaporizers near the front door. Grind up the herbs, throw them in the bowl, put the heater on top of the bowl, put your hand on the edge of the tube, and suck until you can't suck no more or it tastes like straw and gets really brown. Repeat if necessary.

STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE BULLDOG AND GRASSHOPPER.
Posted: 2005-11-07, 6:17 pm

PARAQUAT
A virgin huh! Well if your going to cross over to the dark side you have picked a great spot. Do buy a cheap pipe much easier to smoke than trying to roll. I agree you'll like De Kuil and yes the tender there is very helpful. Tell him your a first timer and he will take care of you. The only other thing I could suggest is to keep the strain of flower on the milder side. If you ask for some purple or thai bud you should be fine. I would stay away from the hazes until you have tested the shallow water.

Good Luck,
Paraquat
Posted: 2005-11-07, 6:20 pm

atcnutmeg
thank you your advice is much appreciated
al
Posted: 2005-11-10, 12:42 am

iloveamsterdam
gotta be purple haze and thai weed all the way
then progress to orange bud,super skunk..don't smoke hazes or white widow great white shark etc...oh and also avoid mixing with beer..smoke then beer is ok but drink then smoke or both at the same time and your heading for a whitey!
Posted: 2005-11-10, 1:12 am

gezellig
Mate, iloveamsterdam has hit the nail on the head for you right there.

I smoke every day and have done for about 12 years, but still tend to use the Purple Haze et al during the day out there and hit the stronger stuff by night. Let's you function and explore the City without too much distraction I find. The best advice you can get is from the dealer as they are there to help and, as mentioned on here recently, dislike having monged out tourists sitting in their coffee shops all day. Price is usually the best indicator of strength, but here are a few menus to give you an idea. If price is the same for different types then the one with most grams will of course be the weaker one.

http://192.148.252.25/~reatta/menus.html#Amsterdam

Best bet would be to try some gear at home in your own environment with a tidy film or CD on and find your way like that, but as a first timer I'd advise not to drink and smoke in parallel.

Let us know how you get on!
G~

The link under my name is worth a look n'all. Printable map of many shops plus customer reviews. May help select a suitable venue for your first smoke. I'd recommend The Bluebird or even your hotel but certainly not Free Adam.
Posted: 2005-11-10, 1:24 am

freakpa
I would be honored to guide you and yours through an evening of entertainment. Posted in your other thread. I have a dozen varieties and a dozen ways to do it, and an aparment in the middle of everything.

I would also recommend gezellig's link to the freeuk coffeeshop listing. That is THE best resource I have found for this stuff.
Remember kids!
Posted: 2005-11-10, 2:01 pm

ottoinct
As we used to say in college, getting drunk first THEN smoking pot is like pissing into the wind.
Word of warning...
Posted: 2005-11-11, 1:46 am

CalicoJack
Do be cautious with the hash brownies or space cakes - if you're not used to cannabis, it can come as quite a shock to the system! I am a fairly regular smoker but the ingested cannabis is a much stronger proposition (from very foggy experience!), although it takes longer to "kick in"... and you may be tempted to have a crafty smoke whilst waiting for the effects. Be careful of the buildup!

The alternative to pipes is a rolling machine - buy one from any of the headshops - or indeed in many coffeeshops - and have a bit of practice with some rolling 'baccy (Drum, for example) before attempting to manufacture your own. This has the advanage of letting you control the amount of cannabis you add, so you can start light and work your way up as you see fit.

Most coffeeshops have a free supply of papers & paraphenalia - but it's only polite to buy something before you grab a handful of papers, roaches and matches.

Have fun!
Re: Word of warning...
Posted: 2005-11-16, 9:15 pm

atcnutmeg
once again thanx for everyones advice... cant wait!!!
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: