Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 2 of 2
 [ 26 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Help with Alkmaar
Posted: 2011-01-24, 5:08 am

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
@420 - trully enjoy the Chimay beers... the prices in that photo just show how much adding in shipping, the conversion of the euro and such does to the price of that very same beer here in the midwest!!

Posted: 2011-02-01, 3:38 pm

MarcellusWallace
There's a local bar where I live (in the US) that sells Chimay Blue for $4 a bottle :)
Posted: 2011-02-02, 11:44 pm

Mr.Plug
In upstate NY an 11.2 oz Chimay Blue now routinely sells for $5.50 - $6.00 in the retail stores. Guess its the NY taxes.

On another note, I found some Westvleteren recently at the Bierkonnig on Paliestraat. I've never had it before, and I wanted to take a few bottles home with me. They were selling it for 16 euros for the small bottle, translating to $21.60 for 11 oz of beer. I passed! The clerk assured me that it is very rare, which I know, but 16 euros? The Elfde Gebod (sp?) on Zeedijk didn't have it either.

(sorry, off topic for this Alkmaar thread)
Posted: 2011-02-04, 10:02 pm

willred27
Since we're on the subject, is proper pronunciation of Chimay sh- like ship or k- like kick? Thanks for the knowledge.
Posted: 2011-02-05, 3:06 am

Mr.Plug
I've always heard it pronounced with the SH sound, like Shimay. I've not once heard it pronouced with a "K" sound. Please anybody correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Posted: 2011-02-06, 10:45 pm

Glenn QuagmireSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Firstly i must apologise this post has nothing to do with information on Alkmaar sorry! but it’s about Chimay Blue Beer.

I was in the local supermarket (in france) on Friday where i happened to notice these for sale and it reminded me of this thread. So I got a few and once returned home started to enjoy them. A very nice beer which I found very sweet. I was amazed when I looked at the back of the bottle and seen it was 9% which is quite strong.

I will be definiatly be buying more in the near future!

Thanks for turning me onto this great beverage.
Regards Glenn

[ 26 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: