Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Whats happening at Zandpad????
Posted: 2013-06-05, 3:23 pm

johnknee
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi

Just got back from an epic trip where we went to the Dam, Zandpad and den Haag.
My mate is doing a big trip report asap.

My question is about 40% of the boats at Zandpad were closed (I mean they had A3 signs on the windows saying "Closed")?

Anyone know if the council are shutting it down?

Hope not Normally great choice and service there...
:-(
Re: Whats happening at Zandpad????
Posted: 2013-06-05, 11:57 pm

jefke
What I've read in the newspapers is that a couple of boat owners lost their license due to allegations with human trafficinkg. Time will tell what is going to happen.
Posted: 2013-06-07, 12:13 am

johnknee
Well, it was quite a lot of the boat houses with the "closed" sign on them.

Its a real shame, because the boats are quite unique.

More info would be good if any gets any.

Thanks.
Posted: 2013-06-18, 5:19 pm

G H Bone
I was in Utrecht at the weekend. In the Zandpad 5 boats to north of the bridge and 8 boats to the south had big notices in the windows stating they were closed. Based on George's map there are 34 boats altogether so, yes, about 40% are currently closed.
Posted: 2013-08-07, 4:33 am

SVU18 Power Kat
There all closing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBaEDEvMCTA

Posted: 2013-08-15, 8:34 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
Utrecht prostitutes set up cooperative to run floating brothels

Thursday 15 August 2013

A group of 15 prostitutes in Utrecht have set up a cooperative to run floating brothels after the council withdrew operating permits from their previous landlords.

The cooperative, named Macha’s, is now applying for a city council brothel licence and a boat mooring permit, Nos television said.

Some 300 Utrecht prostitutes lost their place of work when the council cancelled contracts for the operation of brothels on the city’s Zandpad and Hardebollenstraat because of human trafficking fears.

The women had urged the council to take over the contracts, saying prostitutes would be forced into the illegal sector. The council refused, but did agree to help the women set up a cooperative to take over the running of the boats themselves, Nos said.

- See more at: http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2 ... up_coo.php

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2013/08/utrecht_prostitutes_set_up_coo.php
Posted: 2013-08-16, 11:45 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
This is great news on multiple levels. Good for the guys who miss their services. But also good for the women. I think a coop model where the sex workers are also the infrastructure owners and managers is a fantastic way to minimize trafficking and abuse.

I'm sure someone will post here when they are back open. Then I'll change my map and delete the gesloten notice.

Posted: 2013-08-19, 10:58 am

cmanc
Hope this can be sorted soon and the boats re opened. Was about to visit in early Sept.
If anyone one can keep us up to date would be much appreciated.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: