Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Outside of Amsterdam
Posted: 2008-01-01, 7:30 pm

Peter_North
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Off to Amsterdam next week, on the tuesday morning, we'd like to get a train to another city, maybe Alkmaar or Den Haag to check out the RLD, and then a train straight to Schipol to catch the flight back.
Where would you recommend we go, and how far is it from Amsterdam and Schipol.

Thanks,
Re: Outside of Amsterdam
Posted: 2008-01-01, 9:26 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Cannot advise on relative merits of the two RLDs.

Den Haag is approx 45 minutes by fastest service from Amsterdam, note that there are two main stations there - HS and Centraal - with different direct services. RLD is a short walk from HS, a bit further from Centraal. Return to Schiphol, from either station, is approx 30 minutes.

Alkmaar is not so far from Amsterdam - approx 30 minutes - but further back to Schiphol - approx 45 minutes.

Go to www.ns.nl for detailed schedule.
Posted: 2008-01-01, 10:32 pm

Peter_North
thanks for that

I think it may be better to go to Den Haag, so that we can get back to the airport quicker.

Doesn't really matter which one we go to, its not the last time ill be going to Holland!
Posted: 2008-01-02, 1:49 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Then use http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=geleenstraat+den+haag to get directions, I find that the street name only appears on maximum magnification. HS station is SW of this, Centraal to the north.

I am fairly sure that the RLD at Poeldijkstraat is no longer operating (from the train it looks as if being re-developed). Do not know about Doubletstraat.

Suggest you buy a ticket to HS then, if the next train is to Centraal, you can change there to one which will take you the one stop to HS.
Posted: 2008-01-02, 10:01 pm

hutchings
I've only ever been to Den Haag for purposes unrelated to mongering, but I wouldn't bother going to the Alkmaar RLD in the morning. You're likely to be disappointed.
Posted: 2008-03-03, 5:01 am

Mr Magoo
What time of day does Alkmaar RLD get going? I don't want to get there too early, planning my next stopover...

Magoo
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: