Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Anyone done a Maastricht mission lately?
Posted: 2008-01-04, 4:19 pm

block
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Just wondering what ever became of all the rumbling from the Mayor about moving towards "border coffeeshops" and continuing toward removing "drug tourists" from the city center ? I was aware that Wall Street Coffeeshop was closed sometime back and I hear that the coffeeshop on the boat has come under pressure.Both of these shops always seemed to cater to the much younger crowd,at least that is they way it appeared to me.

My last visit to Maastricht was about 18 months past and they were busy with a lot of construction work around the city hall.How is all of that coming along?

Miles Davis
Maastricht Coffeeshops to be Moved
Posted: 2008-01-19, 1:00 am

paniked Power Kat
Maastricht Begins to Move Coffeeshops from City Centre (article, in Dutch)

http://www.nos.nl/nos/artikelen/2008/01 ... 8838C.html

Maastricht is moving coffeeshops from the city centre to the outskirts of town in an effort to reduce the nuisance caused by German and Belgian drug tourists. The Belgians aren't too happy about this and are considering getting the European Parliament involved.

-paniked

Posted: 2008-02-18, 5:58 am

Flight meets
But there are still coffeeshops in the center? I plan to be there in May. I would much prefer not having to locate coffeeshops on the highways.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: