Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Alkmaar hotels
Posted: 2008-02-22, 5:55 am

falco
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I will be in Alkmaar for a few days mid-march. Never been there before. From what I've read on this informative and entertaining board, you can't go wrong by relaxing for a few days there. So I'll give it a try. There are three hotels that are the best looking options:

Hotel te Laat - very close the the RLD.
Hotel Stad en Land - across from the train station.
Amrath Hotel - less than a kilometer from the RLD.

I sent emails to Hotel te Laat and Hotel Stad en Land, asking them if they have internet access, preferably in the rooms. The Hotel te Laat did'nt respond, and the Hotel Stad en Land answered some of the rooms have wireless now, the rest to follow, and there is an internet PC in the lobby for hotel guests.

The Hotel te Laat would be nice, because it's so close the RLD, and the Langstraase for shopping and dining, but I would sure like to be able to plug in to the internet in my skivies (sp?) (pajamas), and work a bit from the comfort of my hotel room (work work play play, work play work work, work play play play, fuck work).

So, does anyone know if the Hotel te Laat has decent wireless? And basically, is the hotel relatively comfortable?

falco
Re: Alkmaar hotels
Posted: 2008-02-22, 8:46 pm

Farid747Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I never take a hotel in Alkmaar, and I never needed to do so : trains back to Amsterdam run until midnight. Sorry I can't help you

Posted: 2008-02-22, 9:42 pm

lionel
Hi Falco,
The hotel Pakhuys has internet facilities but do not know if this service is in the room? This hotel sometimes has offers on summer/winter promotions and is just 100 meters or so from the RLD and cheese and beer museums.
Try the NL hotels site for information or bookings.com.
Lionel
Posted: 2008-02-23, 4:29 am

falco
Well I booked a room in the Hotel Stad en Land. They seem very nice. The Hotel te Laat also responded and said they have wireless in room 2, which I believe is their largest suite.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many of you actually select Alkmaar for your holiday destination, rather than Amsterdam? Does'nt it sound appealing to spend a few days in a quaint, beautiful dutch town? It just sounds soo relaxing and fun. OK and yes, I'm hoping the girls are a bit more relaxed and generally wonderful.

And, for the record, Amsterdam is one of the most beautiful cities I've been in. I love the place... but it's nice to expand your horizons, and seek out new adventures.

falco
Posted: 2008-02-23, 6:43 am

davey1800Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I think hardly anyone here actually stays in Alkmaar because it is only a short train ride away from Amsterdam. So there is no need to settle for one of the few hotels there, when they can stay where they want in the 'Dam and pop over to Alkmaar when they want (and then pop back to Amsterdam again). Which is what I'll be doing in the future.

Alkmaar seems a nice place for a day out, but that's it.
Posted: 2008-02-23, 7:13 am

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I try to stay one night in Alkmaar on evert trip. Plenty of good stuff to do.

The hotel Te Laat is a great place to stay but I'm jelous of the high roller that bought part of the hotel to be his private apartment. Their breafast is cozy and the drinks are strong.

I am determined to try the thaiclub.nl place next to the church on laat.

Posted: 2008-02-23, 5:47 pm

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Amrath hotel Alkmaar has internet access in the rooms and also in the lobby area. I found the staff to be very friendly and the rooms cleaner and larger than some other cities of the Amrath chain in Holland. The RLD is about a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel.

Of the 5 coffeeshops in Alkmaar, I found Coffeeshop Anytime to be a very nice, large, friendly and clean shop, playing alot of reggae, not too far from the RLD.
De Brug coffeeshop, the closest shop to the RLD, I didnt think was anything special. Staff was helpful but not very friendly. I didnt stay long at De Brug. ymmv. Peace.

Posted: 2008-02-27, 4:41 am

Mr Magoo
Just noticed on the rail link from Amsterdam to Alkmaar theres a stop named "Castricum".

Bet it doesn't have a RLD.
Posted: 2008-02-28, 2:21 am

Farid747Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hotel Amrath is damn too expensive,
I'd rather go for Stad en Land nearby train station

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: