Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Venlo coffeeshops
Posted: 2008-04-25, 12:28 pm

enhornyman
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have searched and found some info on the coffeeshop scene in Venlo but I would like to know more before I check the place out myself. If I have the correct information there should be these shops to choose between:

Klein Maar Fijn........Noordbiutensingel 3
Roots-Oase............Bevrijdingsweg 14/16
Huzur 33................Sloterbeekstraat 33
Nobody`s Place.....Sloterbeekstraat ???

Is this right?

I have read one needs to buy a "member`s card" at the shops in Limburg, so if I would like to check out all the places I would need 4 "member`s cards"? Anyone I should stay away from?

I have also some information on Grow Shops in Venlo and it should be these two:

Wonderlamp V.O.F............Straelsweg 131
De Bron.............................Frans Erenstraat 2

All feedback is appreciated.
Re: Venlo coffeeshops
Posted: 2008-04-25, 7:31 pm

jgramos Moderator
Never been to Venlo, but I just spoke to someone who has. Your list is pretty much correct, but there is also:
Oase @ 21 Puteanusstraat
AND
Roots @ 22 Maaskade
He thinks some may have recently shut, but he said if he was to pick any to go to, he would choose Nobody's Place - better menu - cheaper than others - better smoke - more friendly staff.

I couldn't understand what he was saying about that registration card you mentioned, but I guess it's probably some local council/government initiative to stop people coming from Germany/France/Belgium and buying weed and driving it straight back to their country.

Hope you have a good time!

Peace

Posted: 2008-04-26, 7:05 am

akibono
The Oase and Roots locations were consolidated into a single location now called oase/roots. It is still two shops, but in a single building. Oase is located on the top and the underground is called Roots. It really a funky place since Roots is designed to look like an underground hobbits hutch.

I have been to both places and they have decent weed. Pretty much the same stuff lall the time like White widow, Sativa, NLX, Jack haze. Portions appear to be generous, but not of the same quality you find in the better shops in Amersterdam., silver haze.

Prices generally 9-10E per gram.

The place is like the post office with the line streching out the door, but moving quickly. People seem to be regulars and know exactly what to buy. The people there are friendly and will answer questions. Slight discounts for "volume" purchasers.

The 5E card is a recent development. This is designed to help enforce the laws regarding age and purchase limits. You are only allowed to buy 5gms a day and only make one purchase regardless of the amount. don't know if this applies to both shops. Prior to the card, you can buy 5 gms at roots and they head up to Oase and buy another 5 gms. And no one ever bothered to check for id or age!!! Can you imagine that happening in the States?
Posted: 2008-04-26, 4:20 pm

enhornyman
Thank you very much for the replies. I am sure I will have a great time. Coffeeshops and Golden Time close together sounds like heaven to me:)

Are you, akibono, sure I am only allowed one purchase per day per coffeeshop(even though it is well under 5 grams in total)?

I`ll probably visit every coffeeshop because I`ll be staying in town for a few days. Without a hotel room were I can smoke. All non-smoking rooms!
Posted: 2008-04-28, 6:55 am

akibono
I am not sure about the one purchase per day rule. I was told this one time by the person behind the counter when I only bought a gram. However, this is probably not endorced. But with the card and reader, it would be very easy to track and you could be denied a second purchase. Why not just buy more? It doesn't cost that much.

One problem I did have with the weed at Oase/roots is the fact that it appears to be force dried. Thus, the outside is dry and crumbly and the inside still a bit green. This is not the best curing. Most of the buyers are more interested in the effect instead of the smooth smoke. I am much more impressed with the weed at amsterdam, but you seem to get a much smaller quantity.
Posted: 2008-04-28, 9:26 am

enhornyman
Ok, thank you very much! I will try to find some well cured pot in the shops.
Posted: 2008-05-12, 7:43 pm

enhornyman
Update.

I have now been in Venlo and there is one coffeeshop that is clearly the best; Klein Maar Fijn in Noord Buitensingel 3. It is not the easiest shop to find but well worth the effort if you want to score some cannabis in Venlo. However, it is not as good as the best shops in Amsterdam. No members` card needed here. One local told me he would not smoke the weed from any of the other 3 shops in town because the weed there was contaminated.....

The other three coffeeshops are oriented towards the german smokers, with members` card and long, detailed rules of what is allowed and not. I can`t recommend any of these shops.

I did not find a grow shop in town.
Posted: 2008-05-17, 3:42 am

akibono
Can you post general directions and some details?
Posted: 2008-05-20, 11:28 pm

enhornyman
Direction to this coffeeshop is to walk, from the train station, up a street I believed is called Parade and then turn right after a little while and then walk across a square and then the shop is the next street or something like that. If you use google maps you will find the right street on the map. It is about 10 minutes to walk from the train station to the shop.

Details is a little unclear, but they had about 8-10 sorts of weed and about the same number of hash. They have, unfortunately,only pre-packed bags with 1, 2 or 5 grams. The weeds I tried were well cured. The prices varied, of course, but it was not any lower than in Amsterdam. It is a shop where they play very good reggae music.

Just ask if there`s more you would like to know and I`ll do my best to help you!
Posted: 2008-05-21, 4:51 am

akibono
What weed would you recommend?
Posted: 2008-05-21, 10:56 am

enhornyman
I have only tried two sorts of weed in this shop, one was €30/2gr, it was called Snow and the dealer said it was a Haze, it was nice but I think it was a little overpriced. The other one, which name has slipped my mind, was a more reasonable priced indica/sativa weed, about €8-9 per gram. I am not sure which weed to recommend, it depends if you want sativa or indica, how much you want to pay, etc. And I have not tried enough weeds there to recommend one over another.
Posted: 2008-05-21, 4:26 pm

paniked Power Kat
Quote:
I have only tried two sorts of weed in this shop, one was €30/2gr, it was called Snow and the dealer said it was a Haze, it was nice but I think it was a little overpriced.

wow! well, Venlo is a tourist market (like Amsterdam and Maastricht, too) and that explains the price. but €15/gr you rarely hear of in Amsterdam even (LA Confidential at Grey Area and few other places; Neville's Haze used to be 30 NLG/gr). Snow? sounds like a White Widow to me...which would make it a LOT overpriced.

thanks for the intel though!

cheers,
-paniked

Posted: 2008-05-22, 7:54 pm

enhornyman
Quote:
Snow? sounds like a White Widow to me...which would make it a LOT overpriced.

thanks for the intel though!

cheers,
-paniked

Thanks to you for your intel over the years!

I don`t think it was a White Widow because I believe they had WW on the menu for about €10/gr..... I actually had a quick trip to Amsterdam and Grey Area(among other cs) on this tour as well, and bought a gram of Chocolope for about €14, and a gram of Grey Berry for about €9. They were both very nice ;)
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: