Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Den Bosch Weed Report
Posted: 2008-09-03, 2:15 pm

tigertiger
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Now that I’ve been relocated to Den Bosch for a while I thought that I could offer something back to the board. When in Amsterdam I mainly follow Paniked on the weekly weed reports, with very little to add to his great suggestions.

Here, there are only six coffeeshops. So far I’ve tried Speak Easy, Pastiche and The Grass Company.

Speakeasy is somewhat of a legend in Holland and the Super Silver Haze there soon became my weed of the week at 11e/pg. This SS haze is a match for any I’ve tried in the Dam, great smell, taste and looks with a long-lasting, powerful high with very little burnout. The coffeeshop itself had no atmosphere and no customers. The Budtender was particularly belligerent, in a funny southern sort of way:

Me: Lots of awards listed up there I see – what can you recommend?
Him: Not smoking!

The Grass Company have taken over what use to be Twins and they also own Pastiche. This Foot Locker type chain really has to be seen to be believed. All products come in pre-packaged amounts with statigeld Perspex weed boxes and printed cardboard joint packs. However, I’ve tried 3 of the 7.50 euro boxes - White Widow, Jack Herer and Northern lights and all where disappointing in terms of looks and flavour. Although, the FX where petty good and long-lasting considering how harsh they where to burn. I suspect the hash maybe better and they were out of the 12e/pg Haze they stock at the top end of the menu.

In terms of the hang however – both shops have a nice atmosphere, the high street shopping aesthetic seems to go down well with the young folk of Den Bosch, lots of whom were stopping by at Pastiche on Friday night to collect. I noticed, in particular a large number of attractive young women who smoke. That night, four cute young lesbians from Belgium arrived and sat down next to me. As the Northern Lights kicked in they seemed unable to keep their hands (and lips) off each other – happy days!

In general, I’m surprised at how different things are down here in the south and I highly recommend a visit to this charming, laid back town.

TT
Re: Den Bosch Weed Report
Posted: 2008-09-04, 8:30 pm

paniked Power Kat
nice one, TT!

don't know if you'd checked my Den Bosch report from November 2007, but I only made it to Twins -- had some very nice SSH there -- obviously before the takeover.

let us know more as you discover it!

-paniked

Posted: 2008-09-07, 5:10 pm

tigertiger
It would seem that Speakeasy on Snellestraat, is in fact the new location for 'Twins', so I'm happy it's still possible to get their quality products here in town!

TT
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: