Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Utrecht Coffee shops
Posted: 2009-01-18, 4:12 pm

ciaran
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Belated happy new year all,

Planning a wee trip to amsterdam in April and as usuall planning a smoking day out of the city. We've been to Haarlem before (which I throughly enjoyed) and Utrecht. We really liked Utrecht and are planning to return. Could someone please let me know if the following coffee shops are still operating, El Torro and Sarasani(im prity this place is closed as the owners got busted in 07) on Oudegracht. Any other reccommendations are gracefully received, not just about Utrecht but any other cities in Holland worth a visit for the day

Thanks very much
Re: Utrecht Coffee shops
Posted: 2009-01-19, 9:40 am

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
You are right in that Sarasani is closed.

El Torro is open but is undergoing major renovation/a complete change. The menu here has to be the best in Utrecht. The owner of The Noon and Mellow Yellow shops in Amsterdam is the new owner. El Torro has a similar menu to the Noon and MY; only quality herb. El Torro opens around 12pm.

Andersom is a nice chilled shop, with an enclosed smoking room downstairs. Weed selection is so-so. Opens at 10. Definitely worth a visit, imo. Their sister shop, Wietstok, is a small laid back shop on one of the main streets. Nice for people watching. Opens at 10 also.

Culture Boat is an awesome shop to chill in. Formerly a tourist carrying paddle wheel boat that converted nicely to a coffeeshop. This shop is light and bright with a interior that screams CHILL!. lol Don't miss this one. The herb here is also so-so. Doesn't open til 13:00.

Have a great time! Utrecht is an awesome city. Peace.

Posted: 2009-01-19, 11:48 pm

ciaran
thanks for the advice, I look forward to exploring. I've been to Anderstorm before and didn't like the place, found the dealer rude and the weed average. Pity about sarasini being closed.

thanks again
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: