Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Eindhoven advice
Posted: 2009-01-19, 11:44 pm

ciaran
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Any advice/reccomendations for a day trip to eindhoven?
Re: Eindhoven advice
Posted: 2009-01-20, 1:34 pm

Farid747Supporting Member
Supporting Member
What kind of venues are you looking for? RLD, coffee shop?

Posted: 2009-01-20, 1:42 pm

paniked Power Kat
I believe the general advice regarding Eindhoven is...to pick another destination ;)

if you're going south, why not Den Bosch? or if you're going further, Maastricht definitely!

-paniked

Posted: 2009-01-20, 9:25 pm

ciaran
looking for coffee shop advice. so eindhoven is poor then?Never considered den bosch or masstricht. Im going to be based in amsterdam but always like to try new places, can you give me advice on good coffee shops, travel times etc.
Thanks very much for all advice
Posted: 2009-01-21, 2:10 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I stopped by on a recent trip. Regarding the windows there I'd say they are worth a look if you happen to be in town, but definitely not worth making a trip in themselves.

http://www.baekelandplein.nl/
Posted: 2009-01-21, 12:08 pm

paniked Power Kat
I've never spent time in Eindhoven, partly because it's never been a draw to me.

I did a big report on Maastricht in 2003 (should be searchable); Den Bosch is nice too, someone posted a decent smoking report in the last 12mos or so (I only went to one shop when I was there, and it was good, now renamed I believe).

Maastricht is top, highly recommended! It's 2.5hrs on the train though so I think it's better as an overnight at least.

-paniked

Posted: 2009-01-21, 1:28 pm

ciaran
Thanks very muck painked, a fountain of knowledge as usuall!
Posted: 2009-01-22, 12:29 am

MagooTooSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Eindhoven is 30 minutes by train from Roermond. Another 12 euros or so gets you a taxi to Yin Yang.
It's also got an airport, RyanAir flies cheaply from there to Dublin.

Posted: 2009-01-22, 1:12 pm

Farid747Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Basically there are about 30 ladies working in Eindhoven windows at Baekelandplein, among them I would say 6-7 of them were well worth spending my hardly earned 50 euros. Seems expensive for a RLD in the countryside though, I normally expect to spend 35€ in the others cities of NL.

I agree you Mr Magoo, Roermond is only at 30 mn by train + 10€ taxi ride, only 1.60€ with the bus, and you find yourself at Sauna Club Yin Yang for a full evening of erotic wellness.

On the other hand, my curiosity was too strong since there has never been a single report about Eindhoven windows in any french or english forum, so I had to see it by myself. See my report :

Eindhoven - Thursday December 4th, 2008

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: