Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
London/Bristol to Eindhoven - £1 incl. Taxes
Posted: 2009-07-15, 1:29 am

cocksure Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Some of you in UK might be interested in this.
Ryanair offer £1 flights from time to time (includes taxes).

Today (Wed) and tomorrow (Thu) they are offering this promotion and can fly from London or Bristol to their only Dutch destination, Eindhoven.

If ever you needed an excuse to go check out Yin Yang then this is it!

http://www.ryanair.com
Re: London/Bristol to Eindhoven - £1 incl. Taxes
Posted: 2009-07-15, 9:36 am

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Seems like a good deal if you fly out from Stansted on the 21st July and fly back 27Th July all for £2 , however if you fly normal ,a £5.99 flight costs £39.26 , the tax on flights are ridiculous
Posted: 2009-07-15, 1:22 pm

cocksure Power Kat
Yep the taxes are ridiculous. I believe Netherlands reduced their taxes recently but not the UK of course! Penny pinching government!

Sometimes with that Ryanir £1 you have to play with the dates a bit until you see the special offer. That's because they have only a limited number of £1 seats per flight.

But if you book today then you can get flights even as far away as part way into next year.
Posted: 2009-07-15, 5:24 pm

jgramos Moderator
And I believe a single train ticket from Eindhoven to Amsterdam Centraal 17.50 euro, and takes about 1hr 20 mins. Not sure how the best way to get from the airport to the train station is, but a friend told me a taxi it takes about 20 - 25 mins & should cost about the same in euros (20 - 25 euro).

So for me it's basically weighing up the difference between 20 mins travelling each side of the flight and paying about £100, or 1hr 40 mins either side of my flight and paying £67.

Mmmm...close run thing here....I'll have to think about it....a saving of £33 is on it's way to paying for an extra session, but then I get bloody tired just sitting on a train and it'll take away from my time in Amsterdam! Mmmmm!?!? Been looking for an excuse to get over there and visit ABJ before she goes on holiday!!! lol!!

Peace

Posted: 2009-07-15, 5:29 pm

sunchildtine Power Kat
everyone seems to be itching for ABJ..........
Posted: 2009-07-15, 5:50 pm

jgramos Moderator
...yep! Especially me......I turned her down one time, and the next thing I knew she'd left De Wallen!

Peace

Posted: 2009-07-15, 8:02 pm

amsterman Power Kat
She was heartbroken that you kept her waiting too long mate ;-) LOL!!

I am just addicted to beautiful women ;-)....

And like to have lots of sex with them :-)
Posted: 2009-07-15, 11:58 pm

headsSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I've taken a bus from eindhoven airport to amsterdam centraal. airexpressbus.. its 38euro round trip, just over 2 hours, and they time the buses for flight departures at the airport. its just about the same price as traveling to the train station and taking a train, but it just cuts out a few steps. buses are clean and not very full when i was on. they park about 100 meters from the front doors of the airport.
Posted: 2009-07-17, 11:50 am

jgramos Moderator
Cheers for the heads up about the buses Heads! Didn't think of using a bus......do you buy a single ticket eachway, or do you pay for an open return ticket?

"She was heartbroken that you kept her waiting too long mate ;-) LOL!!"

I was thinking that myself mate! lol!!! It was that evening that you saw her, then I chatted to her for a while and was meant to go back, but she was always busy......next thing, she's retired.....I put it down to her bea=ing heartbroken that I never came back!! lol!! ;-)

Peace

Posted: 2009-07-17, 10:52 pm

splodge Power Kat
I fly from Brum wit KLM. 3 nights in a hotel. £217 with a decent hotel. Not bad but i'd like to go for free. lol

Posted: 2009-07-18, 5:03 am

headsSupporting Member
Supporting Member
jg,

you can buy one way tickets or returns. after you gather your luggage and make your way to the front of the airport you'll see the ticket counter in the center of the lobby, you can't miss it(eindhoven is VERY small). few euros cheaper if you book online, just goto the eindhoven airport website and you can sort it out there. btw, when i bought my tickets at the counter it was a cash only ordeal.

peace
Posted: 2009-07-18, 9:58 am

jgramos Moderator
Cheers for the info Heads.

Posted: 2009-07-19, 12:25 am

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:
Cheers for the info Heads

Ditto.
Looking at the airexpressbus website, it looks like it also stops at Utrecht - "Touring car parking next to the parking garage on P+R Transferium Westraven, located at the corner of Griffioenlaan and Europalaan in Utrecht"

Anybody know if this central Utrecht?

BTW: I've flown from Eindhoven airport before now and it's a very small airport with limited facilities, therefore you may have to add extra time to your journey to get through security, passport control etc

[ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: