Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Day trip?
Posted: 2010-05-27, 10:07 am

scagway
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
My first posting to this site, one week before my third visit to Amsterdam.
On my first trip 2 years ago I was overwelmed by the place and had my usual share of memorable experiences. Mostly good and the bad one was just a learning curve.
My second visit was very short, only an overnight. I visited Asmara and met a lovely girl named Zoe. Not my usual type. I like curvy full figuered girls but absolutely no complaints with Asmara.
Now my Third visit is coming around next Thursday 2cnd June and I want to experience a little more more of the wonderful times to be had in the Netherlands.
I am only there for 3 nights this time.
I certainly intend to vist Den Haag and Alkmaar, hopefully on the same day (Friday) so with only one full day left on Saturday and having to use public transport what would be your advice to best use my time and visit one other city?

Im sure this has been asked many times on these boards but would appreciate the benifit of your knowledge to make my short visit as full as possible
Re: Day trip?
Posted: 2010-05-27, 3:27 pm

deadheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
It's a free country but I ruined one of my trips by trying to run around too much. My advice for what it's worth is to take it a little slower and instead of going to Alkmaar and Den Haag in one day, do those over 2 days. I would recommend going one stop past Den Haag and spending the morning in Delft, a lovely little town and then coming back to Den Haag in the afternoon. There are some excellent Privess in Den Haag (better than Amsterdam I think) but I would still check out the 2 RLD's. Be sure to go to Den Haag HS and not Centraal.

If you have time left, rent a bicycle for 10e and just ride around Amsterdam.

Other people, natives and other people with much more experience than me, might have other suggestions.
Posted: 2010-06-09, 11:24 am

scagway
HI and thanks for your suggestions.
I did take your advice ad visited Den Haag and Alkmaar on different days. I also visited Haarlem on my return from Alkmaar.
Had a brilliant trip and now looking forward to planning my next visit ! !
Posted: 2010-07-04, 2:29 pm

splodge Power Kat
Antwerp is excellent, as is groningen. Brussels is supposed to have an rld as big as amsterdam.

Posted: 2010-07-04, 4:00 pm

scagway
Thanks for that info on Belgium. I had read something simaler.
I have a few days to kill next summer in Paris and I'm planning to take the Thalys train and have a look from there.

For now ive got another 3 days in Amsterdam to look forward to early in September and may explore some different destinations on that trip

many thanks again
Posted: 2010-07-08, 10:43 pm

splodge Power Kat
3 days eh? i'd head for Den Haag a couple of times. Also Alkmaar (small but a delight), and Antwerp. Your in for 3 very pleasant surprises. google map your routes from the train stations. Did that last time and saved myself a lot of hassle. Happy mongering.

Posted: 2010-07-09, 7:39 am

scagway
Thanks for that splodge.
I have plans to visit Alkmaar and Den haag on my September foray. I also fancy visiting the boats in Utrecht on that trip. As i said I would like to see Brussels and most definately Antwerp but at the moment it looks like I might have to leave those delights until next summer. Still I guess it is good to leave still wanting more.
Many thanks again.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: