Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 18 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
paying to enter window or covered areas??
Posted: 2010-10-20, 7:39 pm

rico88
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Can anyone tell me which towns have window areas or covered areas where visitors must pay an entry fee?

And what the fees are where they exist?

I seem to remember a turnstyle and fee to enter a covered area in Haarlem, but that was years ago.

thanks !
Re: paying to enter window or covered areas??
Posted: 2010-10-21, 10:25 am

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
None of the r/l's in Holland have entrance fees , maybe your thinking of Prague.
Posted: 2010-10-21, 7:20 pm

chris2088
Thats strange I remember seeing the same thing in Haarlem back in May. I didn't end up going back there though. Wish I had now..
Posted: 2010-10-21, 7:50 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
In Leeuwarden 'het hofje' has a fee after 1700. I think it is 1 euro. It is a turnstyle. The building has about 27 rooms.

That still leaves close to 100 rooms with no fee. And the real hotties are not in that building. They are in Love & Joy or 102-112 in Esperanza.
Posted: 2010-10-21, 8:05 pm

brad 07 Power Kat
I stayed in Haarlem for a few days in 2001. I remember one building had a fee (maybe 1€) to enter. Never did go in.

On a side note
Returned to US on Sept 11th that year. Ended up spending an unplanned three days in Halifax before being allowed to return to the US.
Was registered as a war refugee by the Red Cross

Posted: 2010-10-22, 12:20 am

elgonzoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I stand corrected , I never knew you had to pay at Harrlem , every time I have been there , there hasn't been enough girls to justify a entrance fee , and thanks for the Leeuwarden tip , I am going there next month ( along with Gronigen).
Posted: 2010-10-22, 11:57 am

splodge Power Kat
Leeuwarden looks small and pathetic but it's well worth the visit as far as i'm concerned. De wallen has gone in my opinion. Still worth stopping in Ams for easy access to other great places like Den Haag and Leeuwarden/Groningen amongst others. Haarlem has turnstiles but can't remember if i paid or not. Either way it was crap and they should make their cuts in Haarlem, not amsterdam.

Posted: 2010-10-22, 7:15 pm

rico88
Thanks very much for the info everyone.

Sun -- it is interesting that the hotties are not in the building you have to pay to enter.

Maybe the 1 euro charge is a good idea to keep the low-lifes out?? Of course this would not work in Amsterdam or other areas with wide-open access, but perhaps a good idea elsewhere? I suppose the women would not be in favor, or maybe they wouldn't mind.
Posted: 2010-10-22, 8:26 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
"Sun -- it is interesting that the hotties are not in the building you have to pay to enter. "

Different owners of the buildings?
Posted: 2010-10-22, 10:27 pm

chris2088
So I didn't miss anything in Haarlem? It was the first time I had ever seen anything like that before. There were maybe 2 windows around it with what appeared to be a tranny in each of them.
Posted: 2010-10-23, 11:19 am

book_guy Power Kat
Brad-07 ... interesting that the Red Cross listed you as "war refugee." Good for them (since it was the truth, and they don't seem to have been mincing words or pulling punches!).

For my own interests outside of mongering, I'm doing some work on the legal ramifications of non-government actors and whether or not they constitute "true" war combattants (under the meaning of the Geneva and Hague conventions, etc. etc.) for purposes of international legal obligations. I wonder if you have any documents / info that points out that they did that? I don't want anything that would breach anonymity / internet privacy / any of that. Nothing special, and no need to undertake major effort. But if you know of links or have things that are scan-able I'd be appreciative. We could take it to private messages if you think you can help me out. If not, cool no big deal, thanks for your time.

As far as price for entry to covered areas, I have seen the janitors pan-handle at the doorways of the covered areas along Doublestraat in Den Haag. The ladies tell you to give them a Euro. It's more for their own "tip jar" than for anything official, and I felt like it was a bit aggressive of them to zero in on the doorways. The covered areas in Den Haag are fairly small -- the biggest has, probably, fifteen kamers? -- but some are two-storey, some are in older buildings, and some are kind of nook-and-cranny convolute, so cleaning them could be a bitch. Oddly, some of the kamer women deliberately mop the five feet (or so) of tiled floor outside their kamers regularly, trying to leave a glossy watery sheen on the tiles. I guess they think this makes it look like they're very hygienic or something?
Posted: 2010-11-03, 5:06 pm

rico88
BookGuy,
interesting about the janitors asking for a Euro at the entrance to this covered area. Of course, thats just informal, so I am still wondering about the idea of imposing a required 1 Euro charge to enter all covered areas, as a way of screening out visitors who are low-lifes (probably would not deter the pimps, though).
Posted: 2010-11-05, 2:20 pm

G.laGaffe Power Kat
For what it;s worth: many a window girl in Brussels also asks an Euro or a couple of Euro's for the 'madame'
who is cleaning the place (normally multiple girls share one window, behind are multiple working area's,
taken care for by older woman, mostly ex-ladies of virtue themselves). It's considered impolite to refuse.

Gaston.
Posted: 2010-11-10, 4:14 am

Farid747Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Maasbracht de Wallen
Rijksweg 3,
6051 KN Maasbracht

entry 15€, open from 7 pm to 4 am

http://www.limburgsewallen.nl/

Posted: 2010-11-11, 4:55 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
That's a new one on me! I've added it as an Eros Center in the map below with a streetview.

Posted: 2010-11-18, 11:00 pm

rico88
Strange........ I didn't think there were any Eros Centers in the Netherlands.
Posted: 2010-11-27, 9:49 pm

george47 Power Kat
elgonzo wrote:
I stand corrected , I never knew you had to pay at Harrlem , every time I have been there , there hasn't been enough girls to justify a entrance fee , and thanks for the Leeuwarden tip , I am going there next month ( along with Gronigen).

How did you know? The thing that bugs me about these pay to enter places is that you have no idea if there are actually any girls there. Kind of tempted to shout "Fire!" and check them out as they run out.
Posted: 2010-11-27, 10:00 pm

sun-n-fun Moderator
Never had the 'no girls' problem in Leeuwarden.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 18 posts ] 

Jump to: