Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Is Den Haag worth it?
Posted: 2012-03-18, 12:03 am

essexlad Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Due to the prices of hotels for weekends in Amsterdam I just wonder if spending Friday to Sunday in the hauge worth it.

I'm planing on spending 4/5 days In Amsterdam Then on a Friday to Sunday stay there.

I was thinking of buying a 5g bag of weed before I leave Amsterdam so then I would not have to panic looking for coffee shops.

Are the women worth it?

Is it less couples and tourist about in the RLD

Or is it just a day trips sort of thing

Do they have any nice coffeeshops near the RLD

Are the shops and any other sort of fun things to do there

So any good info would help me as I'm planning on booking within 24 hours
Re: Is Den Haag worth it?
Posted: 2012-03-23, 2:35 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Well after research and finding out all the stuff. I've booked a 3 day weekend here so I can't wait to see what it's like and something new to do.

My only question is how much are the trams?
Posted: 2012-03-24, 10:12 pm

redstar75
Den Haag has many qualities. I love walking around the place. From one RLD to the other, taking in some nice bars and squares along the way.
The last time I was there was about 6 months ago. I didnt use the trams that time but I think you can still buy the strippenkart tickets. I would reccomend taking the tram (number 1 I think) right through to Delft for the day. And also go to schevingen ( spelling???)
Rotterdam is not too far either if you fancy exploring.
I do not smoke weed, but if you find fidlers bar ( near the main square) there is a very popular coffeeshop 2-3 mins walk behind it
The two RLDs are very different from each other but I like them both a lot. the Geleen rld has many stunners. Whereas the other cheaper rld caters for many different tastes. However you can still find a good looker there for just 30 euros.
I hope this helps. It is just my viewpoint but hope its helpfl to you.
Have a good one.
Posted: 2012-03-27, 11:59 am

G.laGaffe Power Kat
I'm in Den Haag roughly on a weekly basis. Business, so not lots of spare time.

I like the city and have explored both RLD's. Geleenstraat has the stunners (seriously good-looking women) but I perfer the village-y atmosphere of the Doubletstraat, where currently about two dozen Hungarians work. Plenty choice, thus, for a fair price. If you know any Dutch, read Hookers for lots of reviews.

Food is hit or miss, IMHO a lot of miss, actually. I had really expected a lot of good seafood with the Scheveningen harbour nearby, but alas... There is also a small Chinatown that might offer authentic food (not tried out yet).

As far as I know the famous 'strippenkaart' is out - in all of the Netherlands. A collegue at work gracefuly provided me with a chipcard. You still can buy single tickets (though at a premium) from tram drivers, I think.

Delft is indeed only a comfortable tramride away. A nice trip. The seaside and Scheveningen harbour is also good for some hours. The muncipal Museum ('Gemeentemuseum') is good (been there more than a decade ago), and there is a specific museum on MC Escher graphics (not been there).

All in all you should have a pleasant and varied weekend in Den Haag.

Gaston.

(mental note: issue some more reports - have 5 or 6 to cover)
Posted: 2012-03-28, 10:40 am

jamie2011
I visited Den Haag for the first and only time last year. I visited the Geleenstraat area during the daytime and I have to say the standard was very very poor. Certainly didn't see anyone i'd class as a stunner? Is Den Haag better at night?
Posted: 2012-03-28, 12:52 pm

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Your standards may differ from mine. But mine are not that low, IMHO.

I refer explicitly to the corner of Geleenstraat and Hunzestraat. At least half a dozen of seriously good looking girls. Young, slender, well 'dressed'.Even during dayime. Honesty page: I haven't visited Geleenstraat in the last 2 months, but cannot imagine it went downwards that fast. What, however, catched my eye, is the fast influx of Hungarian girls in the Doubletstraat. To much too fast for coincidence. As a consumer, I'm really happy, but I can imagine certain instances raising their eyebrows over this phenomenon.

cheers,

Gaston.
Posted: 2012-03-28, 11:46 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Thanks for the info.

If I can pop onto a tram from central train station to my hotel could I just pay like €2 to the driver?. its about 15-20 walk but I'm carrying suitcase and not very fun wheeling them over cobblestone.

My hotel is Ibis one in the middle of town so I'm very near doublestraat so what will be my first walk around. I do read a reports from that Dutch site hookesr.nl. I must say it's pending my mood what I look for as I can go for stunner's to large women so if they got a good report I will give them a try.

Food wise I'm easy but I feel out of place if I try a nice restaurant as I'm by myself.

Well I still got like just under two months before I go so if the weather nice I be trying get to beach and enjoy the scene
Posted: 2012-03-29, 10:11 am

G.laGaffe Power Kat
The IBIS (there's only one in the city center, methinks) is so close I would not even bother taking a tram. It's only one stop anyway, so a waste of money. The pedestrain access to the city center is properly paved.

So you go in 2 months ? Should be fine spring weather by then.

have fun !

Gaston.
Posted: 2012-05-09, 11:56 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Not long now 20 days till I'm here just few things pop into my head

I know cremers is a good bar and allow you to smoke weed inside. Is there any other good bars for a good Dutch beer here.

Is there any good sports shop where I can buy the local football team shirt and have my name and number on it

What time does the Red light Area start and finish at. 10am-1am?
Posted: 2012-05-10, 12:20 am

Marcelo Santos
Essexlad, De Paas is a good pit stop for a beer or two just about a block away along the canal side from Doubletstraat. Excellent selection of beers, mostly Belgian, and friendly staff and local drinkers.

You asked about trams, you can get a half-hour ticket for €2.50 from the driver, but as Gaston said it's not worth bothering with if you get the train to Den Haag Centraal and then stroll over to your hotel. It's a very compact city centre. That said, it is OK if going down to Scheveningen or over to Delft.

I was there over Queen's Night/Queen's Day - see my rambling report - and found things were closing down by 1 but this may not be typical.
Posted: 2012-05-11, 10:12 am

essexlad Power Kat
Marcelo Santos wrote:
Essexlad, De Paas is a good pit stop for a beer or two just about a block away along the canal side from Doubletstraat. Excellent selection of beers, mostly Belgian, and friendly staff and local drinkers.

You asked about trams, you can get a half-hour ticket for €2.50 from the driver, but as Gaston said it's not worth bothering with if you get the train to Den Haag Centraal and then stroll over to your hotel. It's a very compact city centre. That said, it is OK if going down to Scheveningen or over to Delft.

I was there over Queen's Night/Queen's Day - see my rambling report - and found things were closing down by 1 but this may not be typical.

Thanks will try that bar out while I'm there.

Sounds like it was early finish as it was queens day and less women don't want too many drunks. I know few places close at 1:30am so I try to be finish before midnight then early night for me.
Posted: 2012-05-14, 11:11 pm

Marcelo Santos
Whatever you do, have fun, take care and post the details here of course. I'll be in Den Haag again soon but I would be keen to hear what you make of the place and any experiences you (or any other micers) have.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: