Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
first trip to prague
Posted: 2006-05-19, 7:36 am

filibuster
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'm just learning the geography of the city now and I'll be arriving June 27th after a few nights in amsterdam. I am looking to rent an apartment. Is there a street or neighborhood you'd recommend for accomodation so that it is fairly well situated?

Thank You
Filibuster

Posted: 2006-05-19, 1:30 pm

Dave
I would recommend staying near the Staromestske Namesti (Old Town Square).
Re: first trip to prague
Posted: 2006-05-19, 3:25 pm

toscana
Most maps show Prague divided up into districts. Anywhere in Prague 1 is fine. Some rental agencies refer to Old Town, New Town or Jewish Town. All are fine for an apartment. You are near the sights and attractions in the centre (most walking distance).

You can also get almost anywhere easily by public transport (especially metro), so a cheaper apartment further out is also a definite alternative. I stayed in Prague 6 last time. No problems whatsoever.

For mongering Prague 2 and Prague 3 are good, because there are many privats and clubs in these districts. And you are still close to the centre.
Re: first trip to prague
Posted: 2006-05-25, 3:17 am

filibuster
How about Wenceslas Square? We're looking at what appears to be a fairly nice apartment for 90 euro per night.

Also... are there any unusually interesting restaurants/bars/clubs/discos worth hitting?

I especially enjoy Supperclub and De Kas while in Amsterdam. Any recommendations would be great.

I'm only in prague a few nights between amsterdam and ibiza and so i want to do whatever must do's there are so as to get a good taste, luring me to come back again.

perhaps someone has a top ten must do opinion?

Posted: 2006-05-26, 12:48 am

dutchi
I stayed near the main downtown & the neighborhoods in my visit.

I personally liked staying in Prague 2 & 3 more than near Wensc.Square, but I don't like to hang out in tourist areas, I like staying more in neighborhoods.

I'd say anywhere near major trams or a metro station if you're comfortable learning the lines, like Flora Station.

Posted: 2006-06-02, 6:14 am

filibuster
so... we've decided on residence langhorns just off from wenceslas. I do believe it should be nice. It's just across from the Franciscan Gardens.

So... I'd love to hear more about the "must dos" of prague... anyone???

[ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: